LumaPix, Montreal, Quebec, Canada, has released FotoFusion v. 5, now available for Windows and Mac computers. According to the company, this version represents two additional years of development on the core engine and delivers new features, enhanced stability, and even more performance.
Unlike free layout tools offered by album companies, LumaPix claims FotoFusion is “manufacturer-agnostic” – users can design a 12-by-12 bride’s album to match Graphistudio specs, and then easily reshape the entire album to match an 8.5-b-11 album to match Blurb specs for the parents.
The software provides power layout tools, an integrated organizer, rendering to PDF/PSD/JPG, online sharing of results, integrated email proofing, and a complete library of preset album sizes for popular photobook and album binding companies.
Improved features include:
- FotoFusion projects can be shared with mobile users with a single click. Customers, brides, school principals, and other recipients can open their mobile device and instantly flip through the pages of your project online.
- Supported platforms include iPad, iPhone, Android, Blackberry, Mac and PC browsers.
- There is no per-project fee to post to this service – it’s free. Projects live 30 days and include LumaPix branding.
- Text has been completely re-architected. All editing now happens in-canvas, with WYSIWYG editing providing per-character attributes (bold/italic, font, skew, inter-character spacing, rotation, etc).
- Effects such as embossing and blurring can be applied per-character.
- Text flows can fit into shapes, and right-to-left or top-to-bottom languages such as Hebrew, Arabic and Japanese are now supported.
- PDF export now supports layers and vector text – all text looks perfectly crisp at any zoom setting. This is important for both very fine text (as in business cards) and very large text (as in grand-format advertising).
- New preset book sizes have been added for the following album manufacturers: Bay Photo, Blurb, Bridgeport, Finao, HP MagCloud, Leather Craftsmen, Millers/ Mpix, White House Custom Color, and Zookbinders.
FotoFusion runs in German, Portuguese, and Mandarin in addition to English.
New licenses of LumaPix FotoFusion v5 are available immediately for OSX 10.5, 10.6 and 10.7, Windows 7, Windows Vista and Windows XP for $119.95 to $299.95, depending on features selected.
Existing users are invited to upgrade at a discount ($59.95 to $219.95) at the LumaPix website. Users who purchased v4.5 on or after July 21 2011 will receive v5 at no charge