McCurry Marketing Idea Exchange #610 – July 30, 2015
Robert Bagliolid, Bell Arte Camera foto source, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Everybody’s got an iPhone, and it hasn’t been lost on Robert Bagliolid of Bell
Arte Camera that those smartphones make super panoramic images. So he bought a used silver halide printer capable of 36-inch prints, and he was away to the races.
He promoted the new printer and wide prints with a special price, $C11.99 (roughly US$9.25), put up a sign outside the store, and added signage inside the store, talked it up on Facebook and sent out an e-blast.
“It took off,” he says. And sales are still going strong. He had one customer order 40 panoramic prints.
Another neat thing about this: add-on sales of frames.
So what’s your idea?
We’ve given you hundreds and hundreds of marketing ideas, now it’s your turn.
- Got a promotion that worked? An idea generated by a staffer? Something that’s exciting and/or motivating the crew? Doing something that’s bringing customers in, got customers buzzing, got them buying? Tell us.
- We’d appreciate getting pictures to help illustrate the ideas.
- Send your ideas to editor@McCurryAssoc.com.
- Don’t worry if you’re not the best writer; we’ll be happy to tidy things up for you.
- And if you want to take a look at more than 1,000 marketing ideas, the archived editions of the McCurry Marketing Ideas Exchange are your resource: www.TinyURL.com/McCurryIdeas