For months, all my fellow PMA staffers and I have been planning for and telling you about The Big Photo Show, May 4-5, 2013 — the first in our new series of photography trade show for consumers, and the “Big” day is finally here! With more than 17,300 photo enthusiasts and advanced amateur photographers already registered to attend, The Big Photo show opens this morning at 10:00 a.m. at the Los Angeles Convention Center. Of course, attendees can also register onsite both days of the show, which runs through tomorrow. I am so excited about the huge response from photography consumers in Southern California — and they are going to love the fantastic event we have put together, which offers:
- The Education Zone, with 15 top professional photographer instructors including Jefferson Graham from USA Today, celebrity photographer Erin Manning from the DIY Network and Lee Varis, bestselling author of “Skin.”
- The Shooting Zone, with live models in settings like film noir, burlesque, belly dancers and muscle men — and real-time advice from our team of pro photographer instructors, who will be photographing the scenes right alongside attendees.
- Popular Photography and American Photo magazines, which will also host live model shoots, where attendees can take pictures and learn from pro photographers from these two iconic magazines
- Exhibits of all the coolest new equipment from top manufacturers and retailers, which attendees can see, touch, try, and buy
- The Creative Photo Products Zone, where attendees will discover everything they never knew they could do with their photos
- “Photo Doctors,” who can diagnose problems with images or equipment
- The Take it to the Wall Zone, whch will offer demonstrations on framing like a pro
- And so much more! Read about all other exciting things we have planned here.