I was looking for the best drywall cutting tool because I needed to cut my drywall in a very specific way. I had a small bathroom that I wanted to remodel and it had an oddly shaped ceiling. The ceiling was not flat, it had a slight curve to it and the walls were not straight. I knew that there were going to be some challenges when it came time to cut the drywall.
Quick table with our top 3 picks:
Top 10 Best Drywall Cutting Tool Reviewed
- 26,000 RPM motor of the drywall cutting tool delivers fast cutting in drywall, acoustical ceiling tiles, plywood, etc.
- The drywall tool features tool-free for fast and easy bit changing without a wrench
- Dust-sealed switch protects against dust ingestion for longer tool life of DEWALT drywall cutout tool
- Bright LED light illuminates dark work surfaces for accurate cutting
- Thick-body blade is exceptionally rigid for better cut control.
- Tri-Ground Teeth are aggressive for fastest, smoothest cutting.
- Ergonomic handle with ProTouch rubberized grip provides comfort and control.
- For roughing in drywall, cutting out HVAC, plumbing, and electrical openings or cutting ceiling tile openings.
- DEWALT rotary tool features tool-free bit change for fast and easy bit changing without a wrench
- Turn-on/Bump-off switch of DEWALT cut out tool allows user to easily shut tool off
- 5.0 amp, 30,000 rpm motor provides more cutting power
- Slim body design and ergonomic for less fatigue over prolonged use
- Dust-Sealed Switch protects against dust ingestion for longer switch life
- 📐【Newly Popular Cutting Tool】New patent Zozen drywall cutting tool is a safe, accurate, efficient, environmentally foldable gypsum board cutter. Let you be the most eye-catching person in the decoration place.
- 📐【Meet More Requirements】The blade can be adjusted to adapt to the drywall of different thicknesses to meet the requirements of 1/4inch, 3/8inch, 1/2inch, 5/8inch gypsum boards on the market. The ABS rotary button can be adjusted to meet any size gypsum board with a height of 25 inches/60 cm and below.
- 📐【Absolutely Safe!】The blade used for cutting can be RESET to ensure that it will not be exposed after resetting, thus ensuring your safety, and we will give you 10 spare blades, and there has storage to store them on the plasterboard cutter place.
- 📐【Foldable and Portable】 There are no cumbersome accessories, ready to use out of the box, easy to use, easy to carry, directly put in the car without being broken, saving space in the car.
- 📐【Working Principle】The first-class blades used in our super black blades, Dual blades in the drywall cutter cut through the paper backing on both sides of drywall, Neatly slices through both sides at once, leaving a smooth, professional edge. so you can just SNAP off the rips and go.
- Easy, Controlled Cutting
- Standard tip design performs well in drywall and gypsum board
- For cutting drywall and gypsum board
- Package Weight: 1.813 pounds
- Price For: Each For Use With: - Number of Pieces: 1 Length (Ft.): - Capacity: - Includes: - Item: Drywall Circle Cutter Type: - Size: 2 x 5-1/2" Length (In.): 2 Width (In.): 5-1/2 Construction: Metal Characteristics: Adjustable Compass Application: - Thread Size: - Country of Origin (subject to change): China
- With 5 meters tape measure inside.
- Integral aluminum alloy and TPR plastics composition.
- One press to lock, accurate scale, easy cutting, environmental protection and dust-free.
- Convenient to carry, save time and effort, do not touching the blade and do not hurt your hands.
- Suitable for a variety of materials: gypsum board, foam board, KT board, cardboard.
- ► Specification & Dimension - Total length: 11-3/4 inch (299 mm); Handle Length: 6-3/4 inch (172 mm); Saw Blade Length: 5 inch (127 mm) , Saw Blade HRC 62-68.
- ► Faster Cutting - Precision triple ground teeth allows for smooth, faster and effortless cutting. 8 TPI bi-metal blade cuts in both directions (push and pull). Extra secured blade to handle assembly for safety. Deep gullets between saw teeth keeps blade free of material. The Jab Saw features with a sharpened tip that punches through drywall or other similar materials with ease.
- ► Ergonomic Handle - Anti-Slip Super Grip handle resists slipping, adding comfort. The proper size design fit most hand size and help lessen fatigue when cutting, allows for superior cutting angle.
- ► Secure Lock & Portable Construction - Lock System prevents the blade from accidental close during use. Press red button on the handle, for safety open and close without risk. Foldable design for easy carry. Handhold size for easy store in your tool bag.
- ► Application - Designed for precise cutting drywall, wallboard, plywood, plastic and PVC. Ideal for your home DIY and for framers, general contractors and woodworkers.
- 【Efficient tool】：Quickly cut into single-row and double-row boxes, smooth and flat cutting surface, saving you a lot of time
- 【Durable】: made of high-quality stainless steel, strong and difficult to use, not easy to damage
- 【Compatibility】：Compatible with most industry standard oscillating multi-tools on the market.
- 【Usage Scenarios】：Accurately create a single-group size of 2-3/8” x 3-3/4” or a double-group size of 3-3/4” x 4” on the dry wall, which is very suitable for plastic, metal or low-voltage electrical Box installation.
- 【Warranty】: If you have any problems in the use, please contact us
- [WHAT YOU WANTED]A tool that combines the functions of a cutter, tape measure hook, drywall plane, and keyhole saw as a professional drywall tool.
- [QUICK-COVENIENT]For faster drywall installation the tape measure can be hooked up to enable faster accurate cutting. The rasp plane on the back helps neatly finish edges. The keyhole saw makes it easy to cut holes and chamber corners.
- [4 IN 1 KNIFE]Drywall Plane Cutter, 18mm SK-2 Cutter Blade and plaster planer can be easily, quickly, and safely used by anyone at once.
- [18MM CUTER BLADE]109 TOOLs Cutter is Ideal for Thicker Cuts. Use for commercial or industrial applications like thicker paper, tape, plastic, cardboard, balsa, basswood, photos, coupons, cardstock, mat board, foam board, delicate fabrics, crafts, amazon, ups, or post office packages.
- [30YEARS KNOW-HOW]We have developed and made a professional tool with practical technology by obtaining a patent that satisfies both the knowledge of field carpenter with 30 years of experience and the practicality and efficiency of the field.
5 Things To Consider Before Buying The Best Drywall Cutting Tool
- The size of the tool
I was looking for a tool that was going to be strong and sturdy. I knew that I was going to need a tool that could handle the curve in my ceiling, so I wanted to make sure that it could hold up.
- The blade
I needed a blade that wasn’t going to break easily. This is something where you don’t want to go cheap, you need to invest in something that is going to last longer than just one project.
- The type of material it cuts
I needed a drywall cutter that could handle the plaster and lath material of my ceilings, but I also wanted something versatile enough for drywall cutting.
- The ease of use
I had never used this type of tool before, so I wanted something that would be very simple for me to use on my own without any help from anyone else.
5 . The price range
It’s important not to go overboard with your budget when trying to find the best drywall cutting tools on the market today, especially if this is your first time buying one or if you are only planning on using it for one project or remodel job at home. You will want to spend money on something high quality, but you don’t have to! You can find great deals online by searching around and reading reviews from other users who have purchased similar products before you did!
To Wrap Up
I hope that this article helped you to learn more about the best drywall cutting tools on the market today. I know that it can be hard to find something that is going to last and isn’t going to break when you need it the most.