Fuel lines are used in many different engines such as diesel, petrol, gas, and electric cars. They are also used in jet engines and other forms of combustion engines. These lines take the fuel from the tank to the engine. When they become faulty, they can cause a lot of problems for the car owner. So it is very important to get a good quality fuel line disconnect tool that will be able to help you fix them easily. Before you buy one that you think is good enough, check out our reviews below of some of the best ones on the market today.
Quick table with our top 3 picks:
Top 10 Best Fuel Line Disconnect Tool Reviewed
- Easily Disconnects Air Conditioning Lines and Quick Connect Fuel Lines. Set of six tools which disconnect the spring lock couplings on Ford and Chrysler air conditioning line. Also works on fuel line quick connect couplings found on GM, Ford, and Chrysler. The 5/16" size fits on push lock connectors found on Ford radiators and transmission lines. Easy to use in confined spaces. Set includes six sizes: 5/16", 3/8", 1/2", 5/8", 3/4" and 7/8".
- Set of six tools which disconnect the spring lock couplings on Ford and Chrysler air conditioning line.
- Also works on fuel line quick connect couplings found on GM, Ford, and Chrysler.
- The 5/16" size fits on push lock connectors found on Ford radiators and transmission lines.
- Easy to use in confined spaces..Set includes six sizes: 5/16", 3/8", 1/2", 5/8", 3/4" and 7/8".
- Sizes: 5/16" and 3/8"
- For easy fuel filter replacement.
- Easily separates quick disconnect style fittings on 5/16" and 3/8" fuel lines.
- GM 1989 to current, Ford 1990 to current, and some Mazda models 1990 to current.
- Mazda some models 1990 to current
- FUNCTIONS: The Oil Cooler Line Quick Disconnect Kit provides 7 different sizes tool to remove/disconnect fittings on fuel lines, heater lines, AC cooling lines and other quick disconnect couplings.
- FIT FOR VEHICLES: The AC Fuel line disconnect tools are compatible with most Ford, GM, Chrysler and Mazda models. It also fits for some other vehicles while the automatic transmission line is within the sizes.
- EASY TO USE: The compact size is easy to grasp and the angled design allows to access the hard-to-reach areas. Place the notch against the fuel line to release the lock and remove it.
- WHAT YOU GET: The Transmission Line Removal Tool set contains 7 kinds of opening size: 1/4 inch, 5/16 inch, 3/8 inch, 1/2 inch, 5/8 inch, 3/4 inch, 7/8 inch.
- DURABILITY: All fuel line quick disconnect heater hose disconnect tools are made of hard plastic to secure the strength and sturdiness.
- Strong Compatibility: Comprehensive disconnect tool kit for separating automotive AC hoses and fuel lines, suitable for almost fuel lines, A/C lines, air and oil lines, radiator and heater hoses, simple push-to-open and pull action. Our 1/4", 5/16", 3/8", 1/2", 5/8", 3/4" and 7/8" line and hose removers cover all the most required SAE sizes, Compatible with most GM Ford, Dodge, Mazda and Chrysler.
- High Quality: The fuel line disconnect tool kit made of anodized aluminum, steel and plastic is durable. The portable plastic case is easy to store or transport.
- Different Components and Sizes: Tool kits are available in color-coded sizes and various widths and lengths for quick identification and use, including 6-piece color-coded AC disconnect fuel line removal tool kit, 7-piece removal AC and fuel line disconnects Split fittings, 4 pcs quick ac fuel line remover, 2 pcs oil cooler line remover and scissor fuel line disconnect tool, cf fuel line with hairpin connector and rubber band.
- Professional Repair Kits: Our tool kits provide a comprehensive kit for separating standard sized automotive AC hoses and fuel lines for a variety of family cars from Ford, Chevrolet, Dodge and more
- After-sales Service：If the product has any quality problems, We provide free return&exchange service. you could contact our customer service, we will give you an exact answer within 24h.
- WHY YOU NEED IT: This Fuel Line Disconnect Tool makes fuel filter replacement easy. The quick disconnect coupler fittings have a locking mechanism inside the outer housing that goes over the lip of the fuel filter while the tool gets under the locking mechanism and releases the inner lip.
- APPLICATIONS: This disconnect tool is necessary for Fuel, Heater, and A/C line service on many late model vehicles. Use it to release locking mechanisms on 3/8-inch and 5/16-inch fuel lines on 1989 and Newer GM, 1990 and Newer Ford, and some 1990 and Newer Mazda Vehicles.
- TIPS: Relieve the pressure in the fuel line before disconnecting it, and remember to pull on the line after the spring (locking mechanism) has been released. Some Fords have â€œBlue Clipsâ€� (pictured in this listing) which can be released with a screwdriver, but you'll need this fuel line disconnect tool for the other side of the Ford fuel filter.
- RELIABLE | EFFECTIVE | EFFICIENT: Users trust ARES to be quality tools. You are backed by our Performance Assurance Limited Lifetime Warranty. If you have any issues with your ARES Scissor Fuel Line Disconnect Tool, simply contact customer service for troubleshooting help, parts, replacement, or refund.
- ASPCA BUSINESS AMBASSADOR: We are proud to be part of the ASPCA Business Ambassador Program. If you have a pet, you realize they are more than a pet, they are part of the family. With your support, weâ€re proud to help this great organization."
- WIDELY USE: This fuel line disconnect tool set for disconnecting fuel lined, automotive ac hose, air conditioning lines, radiator and heater hoses.
- DIFFERENT DISCONNECTORS: 6pcs transmission oil cooler line remover.4pcs quick AC fuel line remover. 7pcs fuel line remover for disconnecting 1/4", 5/16", 3/8", 1/2", 5/8", 3/4“ and 7/8" fuel line.
- FUEL LINE DISCONNECT SCISSOR TOOL: For 5/16”and 3/8”GM, Ford, and Mazda Vehicle Fuel Lines for a simple and fast separation of quick disconnect couplings and/or fittings.
- HEAVY DUTY MATERIAL: Made of aluminum alloy,plastic and steel makes this fuel line kit for long time use.
- WARRANTY&SUPPORT: Two year warranty. Any problem, please feel free to contact us.
- YSTOOL master quick disconnect tool set, compatible with GM Ford Dodge Mazda and Chrysler, will help to separate quick disconnect couplings on A/C lines, fuel lines and transmission oil cooler lines. These couplers on A/C fuel system are safety mechanism, ensure not be disconnected easily while still charged and under great pressure, avoid the possibility of an explosion and frostbite damage. And quick disconnect tools are necesssry to separate the couplings faster, easier and safer
- This quick disconnect kit includes 7 types tools: 7PCS white plastic A/C fuel line disconnect tools, 6PCS color coded and size marked aluminium a/c fuel line disconnect tools, 4PCS color coded and size marked plastic A/C spring lock coupling disconnect tools, 1PC silver metal fuel line disconnect scissor tool, 1PC ford fuel line coupling disconnect tool, 1PC ford oil cooler line disconnect tool, 1PC ford/gm quick coupler disconnect tool, 2PCS rubber inserts and 3PCS rubber bands
- 22PCS quick disconnect tools are made of lightweight anodized aluminium or premium metal or superior plastic for long term use, and can work for several sizes lines: 1/4", 5/16", 3/8", 1/2", 5/8", 3/4", 7/8". Choose the proper size one of the 4PCS A/C spring lock coupling disconnect tools, to engage the spring boss on the proper side of the fitting, a simple inward thrust of your coupling tool hand pops open the spring retainer and then a momentary tug by your free hand separates the connection
- Tool operation is also very simple for other disconnect tools. Clamp the tool over the A/C fuel lines proper side, while holding the line, firmly push the tool forward so its barrel is able to depress the line's internal quick disconnect coupling, the spring (locking mechanism) has been released by listening for the slight "click", then pull back the line to remove it. Remember to relieve the pressure in the system you are working on before disconnecting it
- Your satisfaction and recognition are always what we pursue. Within one month from the date of purchase, the product can be returned unconditionally if it is complete and without any damage. Within one year warranty period, any quality issue with the product, you are promised to exchange or refund the problematic parts for free. Please contact us to resolve any issues during your use before leaving any feedback.
- COMPLETE REPAIR KIT: Our tool set provides a comprehensive kit for separating standard sizes of automotive AC hoses and fuel lines, suitable for a large variety of domestic vehicles from Ford, Chevy, Dodge, and more
- WIDESPREAD APPLICATION: These rugged automotive tools cover almost every type of fuel line, air conditioning line, radiator hose, and heater hose; our 1/4", 5/16", 3/8", 1/2", 5/8", 3/4", and 7/8" line and hose removers cover all the most needed SAE sizes
- EASY TO USE: Our tool kit offers color coded sizing and a variety of widths and lengths so you can always get your job done right; they work with both quick detach and spring lock connections; and custom-purpose tools also cover the unusual requirements of late-model GM trucks, Fords with automatic transmissions, and the special tubing in 4.0L V6 Rangers and Explorers
- DURABLE CONSTRUCTION: Made of anodized aluminum, steel, and plastic, this fuel and air conditioning line disconnect kit is built tough and will go the distance; a handy blow-molded case keeps everything organized and easy to store or transport
- OUTSTANDING CUSTOMER SERVICE: Orion Motor Tech backs this tool kit with a strong 1 year warranty and our usual friendly 24/7 customer service; if you are not satisfied with this product or have any questions, please feel free to contact us
- Professional Master Disconnect Tool Set: KOOPOOL comprehensive quick disconnect tool Kit is Ideal for separating standard sizes of automotive fuel lines, air conditioning lines, oil cooler lines, radiator and heater hoses. Fit most American domestic and foreign vehicles of GM, Ford, Chevy, Dodge, and more
- Components for Multi-Using: Our quick disconnect tool kit includes 6-piece aluminum AC fuel line disconnect tools(champagne 5/16’’, blue 3/8’’, gold 1/2’’, green 5/8’’, black 3/4’’, red 7/8’’),7-piece plastic AC fuel line disconnect tools(1/4’’, 1/2’’, 5/16’’, 5/8’’, 3/8’’, 3/4’’, 7/8’’),4-piece AC spring lock couplings disconnect tools(red 3/8", black 5/8", blue 1/2", white 3/4’’), 1-piece scissor type remover(3/8’’&5/16”),and other removers for Ford, GM
- Superior Durable: KOOPOOL Fuel line disconnect tool set is made of high quality anodized aluminum, steel and plastic. Each tool is durable to serve you for long terms; the plastic blow molded carrying case is also designed for ultra strength and longevity.
- Easy to Use: Color-coded fuel line disconnect tools and spring lock coupling tools are easy to identify, dual-end scissor type fuel line disconnect tool fits to release locking mechanisms on 3/8’’ and 5/16’’ fuel lines. Unique off-set design allows for access in confined or obstructed areas. All disconnect tools support one-handed operation, and cover wealth of common sizes, you can always get your job done with little effort.
- Easy Storage: All disconnect tools are neatly packed in one heavy duty plastic blow molded carrying case with slots and handle to offer dry storage, simple organization and safe transport.
- [WIDELY USE AC & FUEL LINE DISCONNECT TOOL SET]-- A comprehensive disconnect tool set for separating automotive ac hose and fuel lines, work for almost fuel lines, air conditioning lines , air and oil pipes , radiator and heater hoses , simple push-on & pull-off action. Widely applied for domestic and foreign hoses and automotive lines, compatible with Most GM Ford Dodge Mazda and Chrysler.
- [DIFFERENT COMPONENTS & SIZES FOR MUTI-USES]--The fuel line removal tool set includes 6 pcs of color-coded ac disconnect fuel line removal tool set , 7 pcs of removing ac & fuel line disconnect fittings , 4 pcs of quick ac fuel line remover , 2 pcs of oil cooler line remover as well as scissor fuel line disconnect tool , cf fuel line w/hair pin connector and rubber band. Various common tools are easy for operation to cover different purposes.
- [DURABLE MATERIAL & High Quality]--The 25 pcs fuel line disconnect tool kit made of high-quality aluminum alloy and plastic steel is durable . Each tool , even the carrying plastic case is designed and tested for strength and longevity.
- [HANDY DESIGN & EASY STORAGE]--All most popular cooler line removers for for fuel and air conditioning lines are set in unique and organized locations in a blow-molded case for avoiding misplacing your tools between uses , while the outside handy case is lightweight and convenient for carrying or fit on any shelf or storage area.
- [SATISFACTORY CUSTOMER SERVICE]--AutoWanderer Tool specializes in high-quality auto parts and auto supplies kits. This master quick disconnect tool kit is designed to access the center port on GM Ford, and Chrysler fuel tank sending unit. Any tech or using questions on it, please feel free to contact us , we provide 24-hour -7 days per week response and a satisfactory solution.
5 Things To Consider Before Buying The Best Fuel Line Disconnect Tool
- What is the fuel line diameter?
This may not seem like such a big deal but it is. If the line diameter is too small or too big, it will be very hard to disconnect. The fuel line should be of a size that will fit into the nozzle on your car. If you do not know what size your fuel line is, then you better get a new one before you try to disconnect it yourself with this tool.
- How much torque does it require to disconnect a fuel line?
This may seem like an obvious question but it is important to know how much torque this tool will require for you to use on your fuel lines. If you are planning on using this tool for other purposes in life, then make sure that you get one that has enough torque so that you can do them without any problem or fuss. You will have saved yourself time and money by getting this right!
- Does it come with all the required tools?
You need all the necessary tools in order to fix any problems with your car’s fuel lines such as wrenches, screwdrivers, and socket sets etc. Make sure that whatever product you are getting has everything included so that when they arrive they are ready for use straight away!
- Is it easy to carry around? Does it have a handle? Will I struggle without one?
Some of these tools come with handles which makes them easier for carrying around and handling especially when working under pressure. If you are not sure if you can use such a tool without a handle, then make sure that it comes with one included.
- Is the price too high for what it is?
If the product is too expensive, then there is a strong chance that it will not work as well as expected and might end up being a waste of money. Make sure that the product is priced well so that you know exactly how much you are paying.
The Last Line
So, if you know what you are doing then there is no need for you to buy this. If you do not know what to do, then go and buy one of the above-mentioned products. They are all good and will definitely help you in the process of disconnecting your fuel lines.