A lot of people usually engage in cycling during nighttime because they want to avoid traffic congestion, but they also want to keep their headlights as bright as possible without having to carry a heavy helmet or something. The best helmet light is one that is lightweight and easy to use. It should also be portable if you plan on using your bicycle for some outdoor activities.
Quick table with our top 3 picks:
Top 10 Best Helmet Light Reviewed
- SAFETY HELMET LIGHT Hight Brightness and Safer at Night
- MOTORCYCLE HELMET Led Light and USB Charging Cable, extra VELCRO
- COMPATIBLE WITH ANY HELMET, Can be Used as Electric Car Tail, Cycling Backpack, ect
- EASY TO INSTALL Super Sticky, Easy to Remove, with TWO VELCRO stickers
- BUILT-IN Lithium ION Rechargeable Battery with USB Charger
- Personal task light that offers very light weight and unmatched versatility
- Dual-LED head on a flexi-neck platform
- 10 Lumens
- High Output colors include White and Red
- Specialty LED colors Red, IR, Blue, and Green sold separately
- ✰【Safety Warning Indicators】Running light with automatic brake light initiated via G sensor, the motorcycle helmet lights act as safety warning indicators, which greatly reduces traffic accidents.
- ✰【Different Types of Streaming Light Switchable & Intelligent Sleeping Mode】The STEELMATE wireless motorcycle helmet LED brake turn signal light comes with 10 different types of streaming light. By pressing the button, you can easily switch the light mode. Also, it comes with a sleeping mode, under which the light will automatically shut down when not in use and has low power consumption.
- ✰【WIDE APPLICATION】The STEELMATE brake-free motorcycle helmet light system fits motorcycle helmets of all brands and models. Feel free to order.
- ✰【Rechargeable & Long endurance】The led helmet light can be recharged via USB and you enjoy up to 18 hours of rechargeable battery life.
- ✰【Easy Installation】WITHOUT ECU Wireless connection, super sticky, easy to install, and easy to remove. Wireless connection. No wires to connect anywhere. (NOTE: H2 helmet light WITHOUT ECU)
- Attaches securely to helmet, above or below rim in seconds; large easy off switch located on rear of light
- High: 350 Lumens, low; 135 lumens
- Safe off feature prevents accidental activation, saves batteries; Uses one CR123A lithium battery, included
- Meets requirements of NFPA 1971-56 (2013)
- IPX 7 waterproof to 1M for 30 minutes; 1M impact resistance tested
- EXTREMELY BRIGHT 2100 lumen CREE L2 LED Technology. Our even beam pattern doesn't leave you with tunnel vision on the trail like many other lights.
- GoPro Mount Compatible - Attach our lightweight light to your motorcycle helmet or number plate with the included GoPro style mounts.
- Aluminum Lightweight Construction - weighing only 2.1oz. Lumens per ounce, this is the lightest helmet light on the market.
- Extended Battery Life - Our high capacity battery allows you to run on high beam for 3+ hours. Low beam will give you 12+ hours.
- Storage Case Included - Keep your light kit organized and ready to use in your backpack.
- Rotates 360 degrees on clamp; Bright blue tail light LED
- On/off switch operates with heavy gloves on; Attach or remove in seconds with no tools
- Clamps on above or below helmet brim; Bulb: LED; Finish: Matte Black
- Output (lumens): 115; Power Source: CR123A Lithium, x 2; Switch: Dual-Direction On/Off Switch
- Red Warning Safety Light Can be Place on a Motorcycle Helmet ,E-Bike, Bicycle, Backpack or Motorcycle Tail, All Helmets Compatible
- Motorcycle Helmet Light, 4 High Brightness Red LED Lights, 3 Lighting Modes, Safer at Night
- Lower Power 200Mah Rechargeable Battery, Charging For 2 Hours, Working For 8 ~ 10 Hours, Usb Cable Included
- IPX6 Waterproof ABS Shell Can Turn On The Light Normally Even When Riding In Rainy Days
- Additional Velcro is Provided For Easy Installation And Disassembly
- The must-have hands free light, this powerful LED light clips to the brim of construction hard hats, fire and tactical helmets and more to give you light right where you need it
- Our tool-free installation lets you attach and remove the light easily for handheld use while making sure it’s secure enough to stay put when you need it most
- Full 360-degree rotation on mount to easily illuminate wherever you need light
- A simple push button on/off switch is easy to operate, even when wearing thick gloves
- Powerful CREE LED light illuminates up to 1000 feet ahead and is both spray and shock proof for maximum durability
- 【4 Light Modes】The lamp holder is a four-in-one high-brightness LED lamp bead, it can switch between red / green / white / IR emission.
- 【2 Replaceable Bases】The LED serpentine signal light can be directly slid into the FAST helmet.With 2 accessories suitable for MICH helmet and MOLLE belts.
- 【Unique Design】Metal Bendable Lamp Neck can be rotated 360 degrees. The flexible hose can adjust the lighting angle at will, which is a recommended item for outdoor sports and daily travel.
- 【Usable Battery】This tactical helmet light uses one AA battery, it can stay on for about 10 hours when fully charged. (Not included Battery)
- 【Instruction Manual】Press once to turn on the red light; press twice to turn on the green light; red light or green light mode, long press for more than 2 seconds will switch to white LED;Long press to turn on the IR illumination in the off state.
- Brightness and Comfort----The front bright light lasts for 4 hours on high beam and 5 hours on low beam. You can focus on tedious work for hours. Best hard hat light weighing only 2 oz, designed to hold on your hat unnoticed. No need to use clips to attach the light to the helmet. Just remove the protective tape of the adhesive pad and attach the mount to the hard hat.
- Build for Rough Use----Greerride light case is made of ALUMINUM- NOT cheap plastic. Designed for rough working conditions. flashlight hard hat is IPX6 waterproof and safe to use in rain and winter weather-Indoor or outdoor. Attach the headlamp to the helmet so you can keep your hands free for your project. Also, use it as a tactical helmet light LED on your gear.
- Adjustable Installation Mount- Installation mount has a curved adhesive surface. NO straps or zip ties needed! Attach the installation mount to the hard hat first. Then attach the light to the adjustable installation mount using the quick-release lever. Light can be installed in parallel or perpendicular configuration using a square base. Adjust the light angle by tilting forward and backward.
- USB Rechargeable----Never waste your money on batteries again! LED flashlight is rechargeable using a USB cable (provided). The helmet light has a 500 mAh high-capacity lithium-ion battery. Perfect flashlight for your home project or workplace. The power button glows green when fully charged. Easily charge the light using a wall USB port, laptop, or car USB charging port.
- More than Just a Hard Hat Light---- Take the light on your camping trip, keep it in the car for an emergency, or take the light when you run or walk. Compact design lets you keep the light in your pocket. Father's day gift for your father who loves spending time on home projects. Perfect for hiking, camping, fishing, and hunting. The back red light can be used as a warning light.
5 Things To Consider Before Buying The Best Helmet Light
The brightness of your helmet light should be a minimum of 100 lumens. Ideally, it should have a brightness of at least 200 lumens. A good helmet light can produce this kind of brightness without having to flicker or have a dimmer switch.
You should also consider the type of reflector that your best helmet light has as well as the size and shape of the one used in it. Reflective material is better than an opaque material because it gathers more light and helps to spread it throughout the area where you are cycling or running. The best helmet lights usually come with different reflectors, so you may need to choose which one you like most.
3. Battery Life
The battery life of your best helmet light should be at least two hours before it needs charging again or else it will not be able to provide sufficient lighting for long periods of time. You may also want to pick a product that comes with a rechargeable battery so that you can use it for longer periods without having to change its battery every once in a while.
4. Waterproofing And Shock Absorption Capability
Most people who are cycling or running outdoors usually go through mud, grass, dirt, gravel, and even puddles during their trips; thus they need a product that is waterproof and shock-absorbent at the same time since they can easily get wet while using their bicycle or running outside while wearing their best helmet light.
5. Charge Time And Portability
The charge time of the best helmet light should be at least one hour before it needs to be recharged again or else it will not be able to provide sufficient lighting for long periods of time. You may also want to pick a product that comes with a rechargeable battery so that you can use it for longer periods without having to change its battery every once in a while.
The Last Line
While you may think that you cannot really find the best helmet light for your bicycle or running outdoors, it can be possible if you know where to look. The best thing to do is to make a list of your requirements and then compare the products that are available in the market for those requirements.