When you have dozens of keys on your keychain, it can be a hassle keeping track of which are which. A magnetic key holder is a perfect way to keep your car keys, house keys, and other key chains organized. Depending on your personal needs, you can choose key holders that are made of different materials, have different features, and more. Check out our buyer’s guide to learn about the best magnetic key holder for your needs.
Quick table with our top 3 picks:
Top 8 Best Magnetic Key Holder Reviewed
- Avoid lockouts: hide a key for emergencies or lockouts; safely hide a key, cash or notes for friends, family, Neighbors, and children
- HEAVY DUTY MAGNETS: two heavy duty magnets hold on to any steel surface; strong enough to be placed underneath a car and survive rough terrain
- Durable: and rugged black plastic case with easy-slide lid keeps key secure and dry
- Permanent mount option: self-tapping screw for easy mounting, no drill required
- FITS EXTRA LARGE: transponder and rubber-headed keys; dimensions are 2-3/16 inch (W) x 4-3/8 inch (L) x 7/8 inch (H); Inside cavity is 3/4" deep
- Magnetic key holder is designed to hide a key outside or inside and will comfortably store 1-2 keys
- Magnetic key box securely attaches to any steel surface; Not intended for use on cars
- Magnetic key holder is constructed of a durable plastic that features a sliding cover with built-in stop to prevent cover from being dropped or misplaced
- Exterior dimensions: 4-11/16 inch (11.9 centimeter) L x 1-3/16 inch (2.9 centimeter) H x 2 inch (5.1 centimeter) W
- Interior dimensions: 3-3/4 inch (9.5 centimeter) L x 3/4 inch (1.9 centimeter) H x 1-1/2 inch (3.8 centimeter) W; 4.2 cubic inch (10.7 cubic centimeter) volume
- Recessed strong Magnet Securely Attaches and Holds Case on any ferrous metal, steel or Iron surface, where only you can find it such as on your Door frame, behind rain Gutter, behind your car Bumper, inside Mailbox, behind Tonneau cover, Cubbyhole, even on your Refrigerator or other Metal object to keep an extra or hidden emergency spare key handy.
- Durable, Waterproof, Rust Free, Tough, Corrosion/Heat/Impact Weather-resistant Black ABS Plastic case construction, stays securely closed, Protects key safely, and will not rust or crack.
- Improved sliding cover design with built in stop to prevent cover from being dropped or misplaced.
- Easy to open, discreet design blends in with surrounding environments.
- Fits most larger Heavy duty & rubber headed home & auto keys, money, USB flash drive or small documents up to 3" x 1-3/8" x 1/4”.
- TOP QUALITY: Made of high-quality ABS material with strong adhesive back, the key holder is durably crafted to last. With good sticking power, it will not fall off easily. Fit all kinds of surface types.
- KEEP YOUR KEYS ORGANIZED: Keep track of your keys, the key holder will keep your keys within easy access and neatly stored. You’ll never be scrambling for your keys with this cute and handy item!
- EASY INSTALL: Simply peel and stick the key holder to the area where needed and put your keys. The powerful magnetic holder will keep keys in place.
- SIMPLE & CUTE DESIGN: With novel cloud shape, it looks adorable and add a chic ornament to your home decor.
- WIDE APPLICATION: Perfect for walls, door or the edge of the table. It can hold up to 1.4kg. Not only can hold your keys but small items like clips, nails, etc.
- Stor-a-key, lockable magnetic key
- Never be locked out again
- Resettable combination
- Combination lock provides trustworthy security while storing an extra key for home, car, or boat
- Magnetic construction provides added strength and stability on metal surfaces
- SPARE KEY STORAGE: This key case is the ideal way to keep a spare key always on your vehicle in case your key becomes lost, damaged, or locked in your vehicle
- HEAVY DUTY MAGNETS: Two heavy magnets hold securely to most metal surfaces and can be placed on the underside of vehicle for a convenient hiding place
- DURABLE PLASTIC CASE: Strong plastic build will not rust or crack when exposed to adverse weather conditions
- FITS MOST KEYS: Plastic case can fit larger and rubberhead keys, keeping them safe and dry even during storms
- Hide a key with this waterproof box built to withstand the elements. Our geocaching magnetic key holder can help keep small objects safe, even under cars. Our durable container can be used as a spare key hider, car key lock box, stash box and key box for realtors.
- Rust-proof Neodymium magnets. Built with the strongest Neodymium commercially available and can withstand over 50lbs of separation force. Waterproof and weatherproof. Thoroughly tested in all environments: snow, rain, mud, etc.
- Built with durable PC and ABS that does not interfere with incoming or outgoing signals. The color has been carefully selected to be discrete against vehicle chassis.
- Internal dimensions in inches: 3.19”(L) x 2”(W) x 1.2”(H)Internal dimensions in centimeters: 8.1cm (L) x 5cm (W) x 3.2cm (H)
- LIFETIME WARRANTY - We are a US-based company and stand behind all of our products. The quality of this product is guaranteed. If the product exhibits any defects in workmanship or materials, we will replace it free of charge.
- 【Safe Materrial】Made of ABS (plastic), which has higher strength and toughness than general plastics, built-in magnetic strong magnet, safe and environmentally friendly.
- 【Usage Scenarios】This key holder looks like a fluffy white cloud and will look adorable beside a door or in the kitchen. Make your messy desktop organized, and hanging or removing items will become artistic.
- 【Easy Installation】Tape on the back of the product ,allows you to easily install it to any place where , easily press it into any smooth surfaces, such as wall, mirror, door, wood, ceramic tile, glass etc, you can easily access the key holder at any time.
- 【Easy to Use】 The cloud-shaped product has a magnet at the bottom, so you can put items containing iron elements at your fingertips and they will be firmly attached, so it's very convenient when you need to use them at your fingertips.
- 【Japanese Minimalist Design】 A beautiful gadget. We believe that "less is more" and strive to strip away the essence of anything. With the idea of small spaces in Japanese design, this key holder wall features clean liners that are as basic to look good as they are functional. Organize your home with the power of Japanese design.
How To Choose The Best Magnetic Key Holder?
1. Choose the right size
When you’re choosing a key holder, you have to consider the size of your keys and how many keys you want to store in it. If you have multiple keys for different lock types, then you also need to consider how many different types of locks your key holder can hold.
2. Consider the material
There are several materials that are used to make key holders, like plastic, metal, and wood. The material is important because it determines the durability and strength of the key holder. Metal is often used because it’s strong and durable. If you have a key holder with a metal ring, it will last longer than one made with plastic or wood. Plastic is also durable but not as strong as metal and wood. You can choose plastic if you don’t plan on using your key holder for long periods of time or if you don’t mind replacing it every now and then.
3. Choose the right shape
There are several different shapes of key holders. Some have a shape that fits in your pocket, while others have a shape that hangs from a hook or door. The shape you choose depends on the place where you will be storing your keys, what kind of key holder you’re looking for, and how many keys you want to store in it. If you want to store a lot of keys, then choose a key holder with a hook or an attachment that can fit on your door or wall. If you just want to store one key and want it easily accessible, then get a key holder with a pocket-sized ring that fits into your pocket.
4. Choose the right type of magnet
Most key holders have a magnet to hold your keys. You can choose different types of magnets, depending on what you want. The most common types of magnets are Neodymium Magnets, Alnico Magnets, and Ceramic Magnets. The type you choose depends on what kind of material you want your key holder to stick to. Neodymium magnets are strong and can hold a lot more keys than other types of magnets. Alnico magnets are stronger than Neodymium but not as strong as ceramic magnets. Ceramic magnets are the strongest type of magnet and can hold up to 3 times more keys than other types of magnets. If you want a key holder that holds more keys or is made from metal, then choose one with a ceramic magnet in it. If you want a key holder that is made from plastic, wood, or metal but doesn’t mind replacing it every now and then, then go for one with a Neodymium magnet.
5. Choose the right size
You can choose a key holder that holds one key or a key holder that holds dozens of keys. The size of the ring will determine how many keys you can store in it. If you want to store one key, then choose a key holder with an O-ring (a ring that is slightly larger than the size of your key). If you want to store several keys, then choose a key holder with a C-ring (a ring that is slightly smaller than the size of your key). You should also consider how much space you have on your door or wall where you plan to place your new key holder. If you have lots of room, then get a bigger-sized C-ring because it will hold more keys than an O-ring would. If not, then get an O-ring since it will hold more keys than a C-ring would.
If you have a ton of keys on your keychain and they’re all getting in the way, a magnetic keyholder is a way to go. They allow you to keep all your keys together and in one place, and they make it easier to find your keys in the dark. There are tons of types of key holders and key chains to choose from, depending on your needs, price range, and personal preference. Whichever key holder you choose, you can be sure that it will be perfect for you.