AMD Ryzen 7 3700X is a new flagship CPU from AMD. This chip is based on the Zen+ architecture and is part of the Ryzen 7 family. It has 8 cores with 16 threads and a base clock of 3.7GHz and a boost clock of 4.35GHz. It has a TDP of 95W and comes with 95W/165W/205W stock cooler options as well as a Wraith Max cooler (which I will be reviewing later). The chip is unlocked and can support overclocking, but I will not be covering that in this review. The TDP for this chip is 95W, which means it can support lower power DDR4 memory, however, higher clocked memory doesn’t work with this chip because it does not have enough power to run the higher clocked memory modules at the increased voltage required for higher speed memory kits. This means you will need to use lower-clocked DDR4 memory if you are using higher-clocked RAM or if you are using both, then you will need to use your motherboard’s manual settings for XMP profiles as well as manually set your RAM speed/timings in BIOS setup options just like any other non-ECC memory kit would have to do so in order to get it working properly at their respective speeds/timings.
Quick table with our top 3 picks:
Top 8 Best Motherboard For Ryzen 7 3700x Reviewed
- The world's most advanced processor in the desktop PC gaming segment
- Can deliver ultra-fast 100 plus FPS performance in the world's most popular games
- 8 Cores and 16 processing threads bundled with the AMD Wraith Prism cooler with color controlled LED support
- 4 4 GHz max Boost unlocked for overclocking 36 MB of game Cache DDR4 3200 MHz system memory specification
- For the advanced socket AM4 platform can support PCIe 4 0 on x570 motherboards. Maximum Operating Temperature (Tjmax)- 95°C
- amd ryzen 7 3700x 8-core 3.6 ghz (4.4 ghz turbo) cpu processor , 1tb ssd – up to 30x faster than traditional hdd , b450 motherboard
- geforce rtx 2070 super 8gb gddr6 graphics card , 16gb ddr4 (2 x 8gb) 3000mhz gaming memory , windows 10 home 64-bit
- 802.11ac wi-fi , no bloatware , 3 x displayport, 1 x hdmi , hd audio and mic , free gaming keyboard and mouse , 1 x hdmi, 5 x usb 3.0 (1 front + 4 rear), and 3 x usb 2.0
- 4 x argb dual ring fans for maximum air flow , powered by 80 plus certified 650 watt gold power supply , skytech chronos, white edition w/ front mesh gaming case
- 1 year warranty on parts and labor , lifetime free technical support , assembled in the usa , this powerful gaming pc is capable of running all your favorite games such as world of warcraft, league of legends, grand theft auto v, apex legends, fortnite, roblox, playerunknown’s battlegrounds, overwatch, counter-strike: global offensive, battlefield v, minecraft, the division 2, and more at ultra settings, detailed 1440p quad hd resolution and smooth 60+ fps gameplay.
- ✔ AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core 3.6 GHz (4.4 GHz Turbo) CPU Processor | 1TB NVME SSD | B550 Motherboard
- ✔ GeForce RTX 3060 Ti GDDR6 8GB Graphics Card (Brand May Varies) | 16GB DDR4 3000MHz Gaming Memory | Windows 10 Home 64-bit
- ✔ 802.11AC | No Bloatware | Graphic output options include 1 x HDMI, and 1 x Display Port Guranteed, Additional Ports may vary | USB Ports Including 2.0, 3.0, and 3.2 Gen1 Ports | HD Audio and Mic | Free Gaming Keyboard and Mouse
- ✔ 120mm AIO & 3 x RGB Fans | Powered by 80 Plus Gold Certified 600 Watt Power Supply | Skytech Shadow Gaming Case with Tempered Glass – Black
- ✔ 1 Year Warranty on Parts and Labor | Lifetime Free Technical Support | Assembled in the USA | This powerful gaming PC is capable of running all your favorite games such as World of Warcraft, League of Legends, Grand Theft Auto V, Apex Legends, Fortnite, Roblox, PLAYERUNKNOWN’s Battlegrounds, Overwatch, Counter-Strike: Global Offensive, Battlefield V, Minecraft, The Division 2, and more at High to Ultra settings, crisp 1440p Full HD resolution and smooth 60+ FPS game play.
- Can deliver ultra-fast 100 plus FPS performance in the world's most popular games, discrete graphics card required
- 8 Cores and 16 processing threads, based on AMD "Zen 3" architecture
- 4.6 GHz Max Boost, unlocked for overclocking, 36 MB cache, DDR4-3200 support
- For the advanced Socket AM4 platform, can support PCIe 4.0 on X570 and B550 motherboards
- Cooler not included
- AMD AM4 Socket and PCIe 4.0: The perfect pairing for Zen 3 Ryzen 5000 & 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen CPUs
- Robust Power Design: 12 plus 2 DrMOS power stages with high-quality alloy chokes and durable capacitors to provide reliable power for the last AMD high-count-core CPUs
- Optimized Thermal Solution: Fanless VRM, active chipset heatsink, multiple hybrid fan headers and fan speed management with Fan Xpert 4 or the UEFI Q-Fan Control utility
- High-performance Gaming Networking: WiFi 6 (802.11ax), 2.5 Gb LAN with ASUS LANGuard
- Best Gaming Connectivity: Supports HDMI 2.1 (4K@60HZ) and DisplayPort 1.2 output, featuring dual M.2 slots (NVMe SSD)— PCIe 4.0 x4 connectivity, front panel USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-c connector, USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-C & Type-A ports
- AMD Ryzen 7 5800X with 8 Cores and 16 procesing threads cpu processor,Cooler not included,Can deliver elite 100-plus FPS performance,OS Support-Windows 10 64-Bit Edition
- 4.7 GHz Max Boost, unlocked for overclocking, 36 MB of cache, DDR-3200 support,For the advanced Socket AM4 platform, can support PCIe 4.0 on X570 and B550 motherboards
- AMD AM4 X570 ATX gaming motherboard with PCIe 4.0, dual M.2, Wi-Fi, 14 Dr. MOS power stages, HDMI, DP, SATA 6Gb/s, USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-A /Type-C and Realtek S1200A Codec,Aura Sync RGB lighting
- Ready for AMD Ryzen 5000 Series/ 4000 G-Series/ 3000 Series/ 3000 G-Series/ 2000 Series/ 2000 G-Series desktop processors,Gaming Networking: Exclusive Realtek L8200A Gigabit Ethernet, Intel 2x2 802.11ac Wi-Fi with MU-MIMO support, Bluetooth 5.0, TUF LANGuard and TurboLAN technology
- Enhanced Power Solution: 12+2 Dr. MOS power stages, 6-layer PCB, ProCool sockets, military-grade TUF components, and Digi+ VRM for maximum durability,Comprehensive Cooling: Active chipset heatsink, VRM heatsink, M.2 heatsink, hybrid fan headers and Fan Xpert 4
- AMD AM4 Socket: Compatible to Ryzen 5000, 3rd/2nd/1st Gen AMD Ryzen CPUs
- Robust Power Design: 8+2 DrMOS power stages with high-quality alloy chokes and durable capacitors provide reliable power for the last AMD high-count-core CPUs
- Optimized Thermal Solution: Extended VRM and PCH heatsinks, M.2 heatsinks, multiple hybrid fan headers and fan speed management with Fan Xpert utility
- Best Gaming Connectivity: Supports HDMI 2.0b(4K@60HZ) and DisplayPort 1.2 output, featuring dual M.2 slots (NVMe SSD), 2x PCIe 3.0x16 Slot, USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-A port and USB 3.1 Gen 2 Type-A & Type-C ports
- Industry-leading Gaming Audio & AI Noise Canceling Microphone Technology: High fidelity audio from a SupremeFX S1220A codec with DTS Sound Unbound and Sonic Studio III draws you deeper into the action. Communicate clearly with ASUS AI Noise Cancelling Mic technology.
- Supports 2nd and 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen/ Ryzen with Radeon Vega Graphics desktop processors for AM4 socket
- Supports ddr4 memory, up to 4400+(oc) MHz
- Audio boost 4 technology with nahimic 3 software enhancement for immersive experiences
- Frozr heatsink with patented fan design – propeller blade technology and double ball bearings
- Pre-installed IO shielding is grounded and protects the IO ports from potential electrostatic discharge damage from the external environment
5 Things To Consider Before Buying The Best Motherboard For Ryzen 7 3700x
This is the most important thing to consider when buying a motherboard for your Ryzen 7 3700x. You will not be able to install a motherboard that is not compatible with this chip. Also, if you are planning to overclock this chip, then make sure your motherboard supports overclocking as well.
2. Storage Support:
This is another important thing to consider while buying a motherboard for Ryzen 7 3700x. Depending on the model you are buying, it might have more or less storage support than what you need. For example, if you are planning on getting a new SSD or RAID card and want to use it in your system then make sure that the motherboard that you are buying supports at least one of them (if not both).
3. Audio Support:
This is also something that needs to be taken into consideration since the chipset used in this chip does not have any integrated audio so an onboard audio solution will be required if you want to get sound from the board’s built-in speakers or from headphones/earbuds connected directly into the board’s jack/ports.
If your system has multiple expansion slots then make sure your motherboard supports all of them before buying it since some motherboards only support certain types of expansion slots and might not support others (for example, some only support PCI-E x16 expansion slots while others only support PCI-E x1 expansion slots).
5. Additional Features:
If there are additional features such as onboard graphics, RAID, overclocking support, and so on then make sure your motherboard supports them as well.
After reading everything above, I hope that you now know what to look for when buying a motherboard for your Ryzen 7 3700x. Also, I hope that you now know the differences between these processors and how they work as well as the best motherboards to use with them.