No matter your musical preference, there is always the need for a good amp. To be effective in any position, an amp needs to be able to produce discrete tones and have high-quality sound quality. The Planet Audio 2500 Watt Amp is designed with these considerations in mind and has quickly become one of the best amps on the market. In this article, we will examine its strengths and weaknesses with an eye toward helping you make an informed decision about whether or not it’s right for you.
Quick table with our top 3 picks:
5 Things To Consider Before Buying The Best Planet Audio 2500 Watt Amp:
The Planet Audio 2500 Watt Amp is a great amp for anyone looking to get a quality amp at a reasonable price. It is also very well-built, has a very good sound quality, and comes with great customer service.
2. Power Output
The Planet Audio 2500 Watt Amp has the capacity to produce up to 2500 watts of power! This means that you can use it to power your entire home theater system or even all of your speakers at once if you choose to do so.
3. Sound Quality
The sound quality on the Planet Audio 2500 Watt Amp is excellent and far exceeds what you would expect from an amp of this price range. It produces strong bass tones and has crystal clear highs that are perfect for all kinds of music styles, including classical and jazz.
The design of this amplifier may not be as glamorous as some others, but it is still quite stylish and looks good in any kind of setting. It is also very durable and has a very strong metal build.
5. Customer Service
The Planet Audio 2500 Watt Amp comes with a one-year warranty that includes everything except the power cord, which is covered by a three-year warranty. If you have any problems after the first year, they will be happy to help you out with your problem so long as you have proof of purchase.
Top 8 Best Planet Audio 2500 Watt Amp Reviewed
- POWER: Maximum Power Output of 2500 Watts at 2 Ohms into one channel. Maximum Power output of 1250 Watts at 4 Ohms into one Channel. This amplifier is designed to run your subwoofer(s) giving them the power that they need to perform as they were meant to
- HIGH LEVEL INPUTS: Speaker level inputs are commonly referred to as high-level inputs. This input will be used to connect the AC2500.1M to your factory radio or aftermarket radio that does not have low-level (RCA) inputs.
- LOW LEVEL INPUTS: Line level inputs, also known as RCA inputs or low-level inputs, use RCA interconnect cables to link the AC2500.1M with the source unit. Most aftermarket radios have multiple pairs of RCA outputs that can connect to multiple amplifiers
- LOW-PASS CROSSOVER: A low-pass filter is an electronic circuit that removes all the notes below the filter's frequency setting. A low-pass filter will primarily keep high notes out of your subwoofer(s)
- VARIABLE BASS BOOST: Variable Bass Boost allows you to adjust the low bass within the boost range to just the way you like it
- Power: 2500 watts max X 1 @1-ohm, 1250 watts max X 1 @2-ohms, 625 watts max X 1 @4-Ohms
- Class D: power loss is significantly reduced making the amplifier highly efficient. Excess energy is stored until it’s needed instead of being converted into heat. Reduction in size/weight, reduced power waste, smaller heat sink, compact circuitry
- 1 ohm stable: able to continuously power loads of 1 ohm without encountering difficulties such as overheating. Typically made to power up subwoofers that demand the heavier power load requirements to be able to perform the way they were made to
- Variable subsonic filter: to prevent your subwoofer(s) from bottoming out, the variable subsonic filter filters out frequencies below the subwoofer(s) specified low frequency limits and allows the driver to reach a maximum safe excursion
- Variable low-pass crossover: subwoofers reproduce sound based on a number of different low-range frequencies. You can set exact sound specifications for the bass frequency reproduction
- 2500 W MAX Power @ 2 Ohm x 1 Channel
- 1250 W MAX Power @ 4 Ohm x 1 Channel
- High and Low Level Inputs
- Variable Low Pass Crossover, Variable Bass Boost
- Remote Subwoofer Control
- 1300 W MAX Power @ 2 Ohm x 2 Channels
- 650 W MAX Power @ 4 Ohm x 2 Channels
- 2600 W MAX Bridged Power @ 4 Ohm x 1 Channels
- Full-Range, Class A / B Topology, MOSFET Power Supply
- Low and High Level Inputs, Variable Filter, Variable Bass Boost
- Power - 3000 Watts Max x 1 @1-Ohm, 1500 Watts Max x 1 @2-Ohms
- Class D - Power loss is significantly reduced making the amplifier highly efficient. Excess energy is stored until it’s needed instead of being converted into heat. Reduction in size/weight, reduced power waste, smaller heat sink, compact circuitry
- 1 Ohm Stable - Able to continuously power loads of 1 Ohm without encountering difficulties such as overheating. Typically made to power up subwoofers that demand the heavier power load requirements to be able to perform the way they were made to
- Strapping Capable - You are able to strap TWO PL3000.1D amplifiers and double the power that is being sent to your subwoofer(s). You now have the ability to connect more subwoofers to take advantage of the extra power
- Variable Subsonic Filter - To prevent your subwoofer(s) from bottoming out, the variable subsonic filter filters out frequencies below the subwoofer(s) specified low frequency limits and allows the driver to reach a maximum safe excursion
- Cone - The advantage of a paper cone is its rigidity and able to handle high power and functionality You don’t want the cone of a subwoofer to have a flexible structure to it The stiffer the cone is the better sound quality you will receive
- Voice Coil - Our copper voice coils are able to withstand high temperatures yet maintain its strength and fatigue properties. Making our voice coils with this material gives our speakers the advantage of longer play times with lower weights
- Surround - Foam is very flexible providing the subwoofer with higher efficiency This also translates to better excursion (How far the cone of a speaker linearly travels from its resting position)
- Basket - Cast Aluminum is an ideal material for heat sinking letting the subwoofer run cooler It will allow a larger amount of current to be put into the voice coil by drawing away and dissipating the heat more efficiently
- Specs - Resonant frequency 28 Hz Sensitivity SPL (1W/1m) 83 Db Impedance 4 Ohms Port frequency 35 kHz Dimensions 13” x 13” x 8 5” Mounting Depth 7 83” Mounting hole 11 13” Weight 21 76 Lbs
To Wrap Up
If you are looking for a high-quality amp with sound quality that is unmatched, the Planet Audio 2500 Watt Amp is your best bet. Its easy to use interface and discrete tones make it an ideal option for musicians of any skill level. However, if you are looking at the amp primarily to make your own music, this might not be the best amp for you.