The new NVIDIA GTX 1060 is the best graphics card for gaming at 1080p. This card has a great performance and it can handle all the games with high details with ease. The NVIDIA GTX 1060 is basically an upgrade of the previous generation of GTX 960. And as we know that this GPU has been delayed for quite some time, so, many companies have started producing their own version of this GPU. One of such company is MSI which has launched its version of NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 GAMING 6G with a new name; MSI GeForce GTX 1060 ARMOR 6G OC. Let’s check out the review and find out whether it’s worth buying or not!
Quick table with our top 3 picks:
Top 10 Best Psu For Gtx 1060 Reviewed
- New turing architecture
- Classic and modern games at 1080p at 60 fps. Supported os windows 10 / 8 / 7
- Super compACt 8.5-inch card, fits 99% of systems
- Dual slot, 4k/ HDR/ VR ready. Supported os - windows 10 / 7 64-bit, Linux 64-bit
- 3 x DisplayPort 1.4, 1 x HDMI 2.0b
- 【High Speed】: Power by new NVIDIA Pascal architecture, matching 768 CUDA Cores and GDDR5 video memory with up to 7008 MHz speed to ensure a smooth gaming and application experience.
- 【Stay Cool】: 9cm low noise fan with 9 custom fan blades, cooperating with wide aluminum fin-stack array heatsink to extract more heat and double distributes it more efficiently, which keep the GPU cooler and running longer.
- 【Low Power Consumption】: No external power supply, just plug and play(Please ensure that your computer already has the driver for this type). About 75W full-load power consumption, 300W minimum PSU recommendation.
- 【Abundant Technology】: Support NVIDIA GeForce Experience, NVIDIA Ansel, NVIDIA G-SYNC, Game Ready Drivers, Microsoft DirectX 12 API, Vulkan API, OpenGL 4.5, HDCP 2.2, NVIDIA GPU Boost 3.0, Multi Monitor.
- 【Reliable Quality】: All solid capacitors, integrated thickened heat dissipation module, strengthened PCB materials with 3 Year Warranty & 24-hour aftersale technical support.
- INTEL Core i3 10105F 3.7GHz (4.4GHz Max Boost) CPU Processor | 500 GB SSD – Up to 30x Faster Than Traditional HDD
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 4GB GDDR6 Graphics Card (Brands may vary) | 16G 3200 DDR4 Gaming Memory with Heat Spreader | Windows 10 Home 64-bit
- 802.11AC | No Bloatware | Graphic output options include 1 x HDMI, and 1 x Display Port Guaranteed, Additional Ports may vary | USB Ports Including 2.0, 3.0, and 3.2 Gen1 Ports | HD Audio and Mic | Free Gaming Keyboard and Mouse
- 3 x RGB RING Fans for Maximum Air Flow | Skytech mATX Mid-Tower Tempered Glass Case | 1 Year Warranty on Parts and Labor | Lifetime Free Technical Support | Assembled in the USA
- 1 Year Warranty on Parts and Labor | Lifetime Free Technical Support | Assembled in the USA | This powerful gaming PC is capable of running all your favorite games such as Call of Duty Warzone, Fornite, Escape from Tarkov, Grand Theft Auto V, Valorant, World of Warcraft, League of Legends, Apex Legends, Roblox, PLAYERUNKNOWN’s Battlegrounds, Overwatch, Counter-Strike: Global Offensive, Battlefield V, New World, Minecraft, Elden Ring, Rocket League, The Division 2, and more at Ultra settings, detailed 1080p Full HD resolution and smooth 60 plus FPS gameplay.
- 1. UL1007 18AWG tinned copper with U-shiped high current terminal & up to 10A, 8 Pin to Dual 6+2 Pin PCIE full length 65cm (25''), the extension 6+2 Pin PCIE Cable length is 15cm.
- 2. Compatible with Corsair Modular PSU: AX1600i(TITANIUM), AXi, AX(TITANIUM & PLATINUM), HXi, HX(PLATINUM & GOLD), RMi, RMX, RM, SF, CS-M, CX-M, TX-M. It is [TYPE 4], also backward compatible with [TYPE 3].
- 3. Compatible with Thermaltake Modular PSU: RGB GOLD, RGB PLATINUM, ARGB GOLD, Toughpower TF1 GF1 PF1.
- 4. Compatible with ARESGAME Modular PSU: AGK750, AGK850, AGT1000, AGS750, AGS850.
- 5. Not compatible with CORSAIR PSU: AX1200, AX(GOLD), HX(BRONZE & WHITE). Not compatible with other brands of modular power supplies!
- Chipset: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti
- Boost Clock: 1830 MHz; Core Clocks: 1770 MHz
- Memory Interface: 192-bit
- Video Memory: 6GB GDDR6
- Output: DisplayPort x 3 (V1. 4)/ HDMI 2. 0B x 1
- Real Boost Clock: 1830 MHz; Memory Detail: 6144MB GDDR5
- Dual Fan offers higher performance cooling and much quieter acoustic noise
- Built for EVGA Precision x1 - EVGA all-new tuning utility monitors your graphics card and gives you the power to overclock like a pro
- New nvidia pascal architecture delivers improved performance and power efficiency
- Classic and modern games at 1080p at 60 fps
- Fast, smooth, power efficient gaming experiences; Memory clock: 7008 mhz
- Plug and play design requires no pcie power connectors for easy graphics upgrade
- Phoenix double ball bearing cooling fan provides superior airflow with 2x longer lifespan; Cuda core: 768
- New NVIDIA pascal architecture delivers improved performance and power efficiency
- Classic and modern games at 1080P at 60 FPS
- Fast, smooth, power-efficient gaming experiences. Support up to 8K display at 60Hz
- Support for the latest DirectX 12 Features
- Delivers all the latest GeForce gaming Features. Card size-H=40 L=229 W=118 mm. Recommended PSU: 300W
- 80 PLUS Gold certified, with 90% (115VAC) 92% (220VAC - 240VAC) efficiency or higher under typical loads
- Fully Modular to reduce clutter and improve airflow
- 100% Japanese Capacitors OVP, UVP, OCP, OPP, SCP, and Dual OTP Protections
- Fluid Dynamic Bearing Fan and EVGA Auto ECO Mode for ultra-quiet operation and increased lifespan
- 7 Year Limited and unparalleled EVGA Customer Support
- 80 plus Gold certified, with 90% efficiency or higher under typical loads
- Fully modular to reduce clutter and improve airflow
- 100% Japanese capacitors, LLC resonant circuit design DC-DC converter design to improve 3.3V. 5V. Stability
- Double ball Bearing fan and EVGA eco mode for exceptional reliability and quiet operation
- 10 year limited Warranty and unparalleled EVGA Customer Support
Buying Guide For The Best Psu For Gtx 1060
GPU Output Power
The GPU output power or the amount of power that is provided to the graphics card is very important. It is measured in watts. The higher the power, the better it is for your gaming experience. So, make sure you choose a PSU that can provide enough power to your graphics card.
You should check whether your PSU has enough connectors and slots for connecting other devices. For example, you should check whether it has enough connectors for connecting a monitor and a mouse. In case you need more than one device to connect then look for a PSU with more than one PCI-E connector. As there are multiple brands of graphics cards available in the market, so it will be difficult for you to find a single model that can support all types of GPUs as each brand has different specifications regarding their GPUs and power requirements. So, before buying any graphics card make sure that your PSU can support both AMD and NVIDIA cards as they may have different requirements regarding their GPUs and other components such as RAM memory size, etc..
You should also look at the efficiency rating of the PSU because most manufacturers don’t provide these ratings on their packaging but they tend to list these ratings on their websites only which makes it difficult for us to compare them with each other easily since we don’t have access to all these websites or manufacturers in our country due to internet censorship policies implemented by some governments in various countries around the world which can make it difficult for us to access the required information.
Power Factor Correction
This is a very important feature of the PSU as it helps in improving the efficiency of the PSU. The higher the power factor, better it is for your system’s performance as well as energy efficiency. So, you should look at this feature while purchasing a PSU as some manufacturers provide this feature while some don’t provide this feature at all.
You should consider buying a PSU with a longer warranty period because it will help you if anything goes wrong with your graphics card or even your motherboard during the warranty period then you can easily ask for a replacement of the faulty component from your manufacturer or even from any other company which makes this product as well as its components and components used in its manufacturing process under one company’s warranty period without having to pay any additional amount for that purpose since companies usually have their own warranty policy and they will ask for an extra amount which is usually around $50 or more in case you want to replace a faulty component along with another component which may be faulty itself or may not be functioning properly due to a malfunctioning component or due to lack of proper maintenance etc.. But if you want to replace only one component then they may ask for an extra amount of money which is generally around $30-$50 depending on where you live and what company manufactured that particular product etc.
The Bottom Line
We hope that this article on what to look for in a PSU and the best PSUs for your gaming PC has been helpful to you. Remember, always go for the model with good efficiency, warranty period, power factor correction and efficiency rating