Did you know that the raccoon is the highest climber and the most skilled climber in the animal kingdom? It has a reputation of being a nuisance and an agricultural pest, but in reality, raccoons are intelligent, adaptable animals with an uncanny ability to maneuver and build. Furthermore, they are apex predators who are well-versed in all of the senses, including hearing, smell, and sight. Therefore, they can navigate through the dark with ease and find shelter and food anywhere they go. They are also at home in the trees and are excellent climbers and swimmers. As such, they are perfect for raiding enclosures and making off with anything they can carry. If you have a backyard furbaby, you have probably come across a raccoon. They are as common in suburbs as they are in rural areas. In fact, when it comes to raiding, no other mammal can compete with them. However, since they are intelligent and adaptable, you can train and keep them in your enclosure as well. To do so, you need to know what they like and what they don’t. Keep reading to learn more about the best raid enclosure.
Quick table with our top 3 picks:
Top 8 Best Raid Enclosure Reviewed
- Direct-attached storage device via USB Type-C for Windows, macOS and Linux
- Use the TR-004 as external storage for NAS backup
- Expand the capacity of your QNAP NAS
- 4 x 3.5-inch SATA 3Gb/s (Diskless)
- Hardware RAID supports RAID 0, 1, 5, JBOD, and individual disks
- Support 3.5" SATA I / II / III hard disk drive up to 16TB per drive, Support Hard Drive Transfer Rate up to SATA III Speed. Hardware Raid controller built-in on board with one-button control.
- One Button Raid Control support Single Drive Mode, Raid 0 (Spanning) JBOD, Raid 0 (Stripping), Raid 1 (Mirroring), Raid 3 (Stripped set with dedicated parity), Raid 5 (Stripped set with distributed parity), Raid 10 (Mirroring + Striping)
- Transfer rate up to 5.0Gbps via USB 3.0, up to 3.0Gbps via eSATA.
- Smart Fan with built-in thermal-sensor, Auto & Manual modes, and 3 speed levels
- Compatible with Mac OSX 10.8 or later and Windows 10 / 8.1 / 8 / 7
- 【Reliable External Storage System for Individuals】This 5 bay hdd enclosure support up to 80TB external expanded storage. The front door adopt user-friendly PUSH Design for easy install and replacement of hard drives. It is an ideal choice for personal storage at home and office. It can support different drive type(s)-2,5"/3,5" HDD/SSDs, so you can take advantage of your hard drives' potential fully.
- 【Flexible RAID for Customized Work Need】It supports RAID 0/1/3/5/10/JBOD(SPAN)/CLONE RAID modes. You can optimize/simplify your workflow by chosing suitable RAID configuration. You can choose hardware RAID for easy set without downloading application, or you can use Software RAID to set/manage RAID modes. It is the ultimate storage solution for demanding video workflows on location and in the studio.
- 【80mm Silent Fan Inside】The 5 bay enclosure built with rugged heat-dissipating aluminum shell, front and rear with cooling holes, a 80mm silent fan inside can effectively accelerate air convection and rapid cooling. It is ideal for noise-sensitive environments.
- 【For 2,5/3,5-inch Hard Drives】It comes with five removeable trays, allowing for easy installation and replacement of either the large desktop hard disk drives or the portable laptop drives and SSD's. Note: Spare trays are sold separately in a set of six trays, extra screws are provided, Get it at ASIN:B083S8VDQK. Five indicator lights help you to monitor the working status of your hard drives whenever.
- 【5Gbps Transfer Rate】This 5 bay hdd enclosure adopt USB3.0 protocol, transfer rate up to 5Gbps (MAX). Equipped with a versatile USB3.0 Type-B interface to connect other peripheral devices. Compatible with most Windows, Mac and Linux systems.
- Installing four NVMe SSDs in this enclosure which supports Thunderbolt 3 expands the capacity to 8TB, 4 M.2 SSDs upto 32TB.
- Supports RAID0, RAID1, RAID5, and JBOD. Help you accelerate, expand, and back up your data.
- The all-aluminum enclosure provides better protection and maximizes cooling performance, built-in temperature control system and disk health monitoring system.
- Must be paired with a PD 30w power supply to operate properly. USB C 33w adapter and 1.5m/4.5ft PD cable are included.
- Support four NVMe SSDs, each SSD exclusive to PCIe X1 bandwidth, quad SSDs share the bandwidth of PCIe 3.0 X4(Thunderbolt 3 40Gbps).
- Storage Expansion for your QNAP NAS, computers (supports Windows and Mac), and servers
- USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-C High-Capacity JBOD Storage Enclosure
- 8 x 3.5-inch SATA 6Gb/s, 3Gb/s (Diskless)
- 250W Power Supply Unit
- 1 x USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-C
- 0 GB Dual bay USB 3.1 Gen 1 and eSATA equipped performance RAID enclosure
- Hardware RAID 0, 1, span, and independent modes
- Fast USB 3.1 Gen 1 & eSATA connectivity-Accelerate your workflow with transfer speeds up to 407MB/s
- Supports 2 x SATA HDDs. All Cables included
- 1 Year OWC Limited Warranty
- D5-300 is equipped with brand new USB 3.1(Gen1) type-C high-speed interface and compatible with Mac (not compatible with macOS Monterey), Windows and Linux computers, and also works with the computers possessing the Thunderbolt 3 interface.
- Up to 100TB storage capacity. D5-300 can support five (5) SATA hard drives, is compatible with 20TB 3.5 inch SATA hard drive, and has a total storage capacity up to 100TB ( in RAID0). Compatible with various hard drives including 3.5" SATA hard drives, 2.5" SATA hard drives and SSD. (Note: users need to purchase their own hard drives. HDD's are not included.)
- Relying on the USB 3.1 Gen1 super speed protocol, the D5-300’s transmission speeds can reach up to 220MB/s (Tested with dedicated NAS drives 4TB RAID 0).
- Supports multiple RAID modes: RAID 0, RAID 1, RAID 5, RAID 10, CLONE, JBOD, and Single Disk. RAID 5 is recommended as the best option for D5-300, which balances between data security and storage capacity.
- Various applications. Great for video editing, photo backup, storage of R&D technical documents, archival backup, music libraries, financial records, storage of video surveillance recordings and corporate data storage. Featuring an aluminum-alloy shell and low-noise fans, D5-300 is extremely solid and reliable with good heat dissipation capabilities and low noise production.
- Supports all brands of 2.5" And 3.5" Sate I/II/III hard disk Drive up to 10TB per drive up to 5 x 10TB. Support hard drive transfer rate up to SATA III
- Raid support: RAID 0, RAID 1, RAID 3, RAID 5, RAID 10, span, and JBOD
- East interface requires port Multiplier w/FIS-based switching on main computer to enable access to multiple HDDs simultaneously
How To Choose The Best Best Raid Enclosure?
The Best Raid Enclosure for Raccoons needs to be secure. If you want to keep your raccoon in your home, it needs to be absolutely secure. It cannot be easy for the raccoon to get out of the enclosure, and there should be no holes or gaps that he can crawl through. The enclosure should also have a roof so that it does not rain on the raccoon’s head.
The Best Raid Enclosure for Raccoons needs to have an escape route. The best raid enclosure will have a solid door and a ventilated window so that the raccoon can get in and out of the house while being able to hide from predators outside the enclosure. This is important because if you leave food outside, you need to make sure that there are no openings that can allow your pet predator access into your yard or house.
A Good Raid Enclosure Needs To Have a Solid Roof As we mentioned before, raccoons are nocturnal animals. This means that they need the cover of darkness to stay safe from predators. Therefore, a good raccoon raid enclosure should have a roof so that your pet can stay safe during the night and not have to get caught up in an animal trap.
A Good Raid Enclosure Needs To Have a Solid Floor The floor of the raccoon enclosure should be solid, as well as the walls. This is important because if you leave food outside, it needs to be out of reach of your pet predator and his natural enemies.
A Good Raid Enclosure Needs To Have a Solid Door If you want to keep your pet raccoon in your home, then this is one of the most important things that you need to do is make sure there are no holes or gaps that he can crawl through. We do not recommend leaving food outside for your pet raccoon because doing so will increase his chances for getting into trouble. Instead, it is best to provide your pet raccoon with a good, solid door that will keep him safe from predators and other dangers.
A Good Raid Enclosure Needs To Have a Solid Ventilation System Raccoons are nocturnal animals, which means that they need to be able to go outside during the day and not get caught up in animal traps. Therefore, it is important that the enclosure has a solid ventilation system so that your pet can leave the enclosure during daytime hours and not be trapped by an animal trap.
Now that you have read this article, you should have a better understanding of what raid enclosures are and how they can help keep your raccoon safe. In the end, however, it is up to you to make the final decision when it comes to choosing your enclosure.