Routers are the most important devices for all home networks. Every home or small business has a router at least. The router is the master device in your network and it can be used for many things like sharing files, printers, and other devices with other computers in your network. Routers also provide Internet access to all the computers in your house or office. So choosing a good router is very important because they are very useful in every home or small business.
Quick table with our top 3 picks:
Top 5 Best Routers For 2 Story House Reviewed
- Fast Wi-Fi performance: Get up to 3500 square feet wireless coverage with AC4000 speed (Tri-band up to 750 + 1625 + 1625 Mbps).
- Recommended for up to 55 devices: Reliably stream videos, play games, surf the internet, and connect smart home devices.Double firewall protection (SPI and NAT)
- Wired Ethernet ports: Plug in computers, game consoles, streaming players, and other nearby wired devices with 4 x 1 Gigabit Ethernet ports.
- Loaded with advanced technology: Designed with a dual core 1.8GHz processor, 6 amplified antennas, Beamforming, MU-MIMO, Smart Connect, Amazon Alexa Voice Controls, and more.
- USB connections: Share a storage drive and printer with any connected device, and create a personal cloud storage to access from anywhere, using the 1x3.0 and 1x2.0 USB ports.
- Amazon Prime Video (Video on Demand)
- Liam Neeson, Forest Whitaker, Famke Janssen (Actors)
- Olivier Megaton (Director) - Luc Besson (Writer) - Luc Besson (Producer)
- English (Playback Language)
- English (Subtitle)
- EXTENDED WIRELESS COVERAGE: Adds Wi-Fi range coverage up to 1000 sq ft, and connects up to 15 devices such as laptops, smartphones, speakers, IP cameras, tablets, IoT devices, and more.
- AC750 WI-FI SPEED: Provides up to 750Mbps performance using dual-band and patented FastLane(TM) technology.
- UNIVERSAL COMPATIBILITY: Works with any wireless router, gateway, or cable modem with Wi-Fi.
- WIRED ETHERNET PORT: Simply plug in game consoles, streaming players, or other nearby wired devices using the one 10/100M port for maximum speed.
- SAFE & SECURE: Supports WEP and WPA/WPA2 wireless security protocols.
- Color night vision: An all-new Starlight Sensor records night time video in full, vivid color. The Starlight Sensor can see full color in environments up to 25x darker than traditional video cameras and the new f/1.6 aperture captures 2x more light.
- Indoor/Outdoor: Wyze Cam v3 is a wired video camera with an IP65 rating so you can confidently install it outside in the rain or inside in the kids’ room. Wyze Outdoor Power Adapter (sold separately) required for outdoor use. Phone Compatibility - Android 5.0+, iOS 9.0+.
- Motion & Sound detection: Wyze Cam records video when motion or sound is detected and sends an alert straight to your phone. Motion Detection Zones and custom settings allow you to adjust the sensitivity of detection or turn it off completely.
- 24/7 Continuous Recording: Continuous video recording with a 32GB MicroSD card (sold separately). Just insert the MicroSD into the base of the Wyze Cam and you’re all set.
- IFTTT certified connect all of your different apps and devices. When you sign up for a free account, you can enable your apps and devices to work together.
- OneMesh Compatible Router- Form a seamless WiFi when work with TP-Link OneMesh WiFi Extenders
- Router for wireless internet, works with Alexa, compatible with all Wi-Fi devices, 802.11ac and older
- Dual band router upgrades to 1750 Mbps high speed internet(450mbps for 2.4GHz, 1300Mbps for 5GHz), reducing buffering and ideal for 4K streaming
- Gigabit Router with 4 Gigabit LAN ports, fast access to multiple connected wired devices, Ideal as a gaming router
Buying Guide For The Best Router For 2 Story House
- The first thing that you have to look for is the speed of the router. It should be at least 1 or 2 Mbps. The higher the speed of your router, the better it is for all devices in your network.
- The second thing that you have to look for is the number of ports available on your router. The more port on a router, the more devices you can connect to it and share files with them.
- Another important factor is its ability to handle multiple devices at once and also provide adequate bandwidth to them all. A good router should not slow down any device connected to it even if you are using several devices at once and sharing files with them through a single port on the router.
- A good router has sufficient firewall protection in it so that unauthorized users cannot access any other device connected with your network through its ports and try to steal data from them or use them as a gateway for their own illegal activities over the Internet such as hacking into other people’s computers through web browsers without their permission, etc.
- A good router should have an anti-virus feature included in it so that if any virus or malware attacks your computer, then they will automatically be blocked by this feature in your router so that they cannot infect any other device connected with your network through its ports and try to steal data from them or use them as a gateway for their own illegal activities over the Internet such as hacking into other people’s computers through web browsers without their permission, etc.
As I have mentioned above, choosing a good router is very important because they are very useful in every home or small business. I hope you got the idea to choose a good router for your house or office from this article. If you have any questions about the router that I have mentioned in this article, then feel free to ask them below.