Tailgates are synonymous with football. A game-day party starts with a tailgate, and it’s the perfect place for friends and family to come together and enjoy a little pre-game together. However, there’s one thing that can be difficult about tailgating: finding the TV in order to watch the game. This post will give you all of the info you need to find the best TV for your tailgate, from understanding what makes a good TV for tailgating to how much space you should have for your TV. Read on for all of the intel you’ll ever need when it comes to finding that perfect television!
Quick table with our top 3 picks:
Top 10 Best Tailgating TV Reviewed
- IDEAL FOR RURAL SUBURBAN AND MOBILE INSTALLATIONS - Weather resistant and compact antenna can be installed indoors or outdoors while receiving 1080p and 4K reception up to 60 miles from the broadcast signal
- COMPACT AND MOBILE DESIGN – Designed to be significantly smaller than most other long range antennas making it a great option for traveling (RVs, Campers, Semi-trucks) and outdoor activities like tailgating and picnics
- HDTV WITHOUT A MONTHLY BILL – Receive free local news, severe weather, and sports broadcasts along with HD channels like NBC, ABC, PBS, and Fox while cutting out that expensive cable or satellite bill
- INCLUDED COMPONENTS – Adjustable mounting base, mounting hardware, and 6 ft. coaxial cable along with simple to follow instructions on assembly and installation
- 720p resolution: View your favorite movies, shows and games in high definition.
- Alexa voice control: The Alexa Voice Remote lets you easily control your entertainment, search across apps, switch inputs, and more using just your voice. Press and hold the voice button and ask Alexa to easily find, launch, and control content, and even switch to cable.
- Fire TV experience built-in - Watch over 1 Million streaming movies and TV episodes with access to tens of thousands of channels, apps, and Alexa skills.
- Versatile connections: Connect your home theater components such as a Blu-ray player, game console, speakers, cable/antenna and more. TV connections include three HDMI ports, composite (AV) jacks, a digital optical jack, a headphone jack and a coaxial jack.
- LED-backlit LCD screen: With reliable and long-lasting LED lighting, this LCD screen delivers a wide range of colors and contrast for a memorable viewing experience.
- Brilliant 4K entertainment - Bring movies and shows to life with support for vivid 4K Ultra HD, HDR 10, HLG, and Dolby Digital Plus.
- Scenes that leap off the screen - 4K Ultra HD, HDR 10, and HLG deliver a clearer and more vibrant picture with brighter colors compared to 1080p Full HD.
- Fire TV Alexa Voice Remote - Press and ask to find favorite apps, movies, and shows, plus check the weather, sports scores, and more.
- Watch what you want - Stream over 1 million movies and TV episodes. Watch favorites with subscriptions to Netflix, Prime Video, Disney+, and more.
- All your entertainment in one place - Watch live and free TV, play video games, and stream music.
- Amazon Prime Video (Video on Demand)
- National Geographic Channel (Producer)
- English (Playback Language)
- English (Subtitle)
- Hardcover Book
- Currence, John (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 256 Pages - 08/25/2020 (Publication Date) - Ten Speed Press (Publisher)
- HANDPICKED BY AMAZON: They did the research so you don’t have to.
- ART MODE: Transform The Frame into a beautiful work of art when you're not watching TV with the built-in motion sensor
- ART STORE: Access over 1,400 new and classic works of art from world-class museums and galleries
- BILLION SHADES OF COLOR: Enjoy a color spectrum that stays true even in bright scenes with Quantum Dot 100% Color Volume
- CUSTOMIZABLE FRAME: Make The Frame your own with different bezel styles and color options that complement your space
- Amazon Kindle Edition
- Bruno, Matteo (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 343 Pages - 10/12/2021 (Publication Date) - Skyhorse (Publisher)
- Audience Rating: NR (Not Rated)
- 720p HD Resolution: High-definition LCD screen with better details and colors, providing you with clearer, more colorful picture quality.
- Google Assistant Built-in: No complicated button operation is needed, immediate voice identification with a one-click voice button. Watching movies, checking the weather, listening to music, and game karaoke have never been quicker.
- Chromecast Built-in: Download Chromecast-enabled apps to your phone, tablet, or laptop, you can watch movies, live shows, and games from your device on our TV in this way.
- Excellent Audio Technology: Built-in 2*6W independent dual-tone speakers, make the sound more shocking. Allows you to experience cinematic sound effects at home.
- Multiple device input/output options: 2*HDMI, 2*USB, Ethernet, Composite In, RF In, Digital Audio Out.
6 Things To Consider Before Buying The Best Tailgating TV
Consider size before anything else
The most important thing to consider when choosing a TV for your next tailgate is size. We recommend you buy the biggest TV that will fit in your vehicle. This way, you’ll be able to see the screen from any distance, and you’ll have a much better experience overall. Don’t forget to check out the weight of TVs as well!
If you’re on a budget, try looking at smaller TVs first and then upgrade if necessary. Some people even choose to buy two TVs and put them side by side so they can watch two different games at once.
Consider quality and size
Size is an important consideration for tailgating TVs. You want to be able to see the TV without it being too far away. And you have to consider the quality of the screen. If you’re going to spend time outside, you might as well make yourself comfortable! Make sure that your TV can handle showing movies, high-quality games, and HD content.
Another important consideration is the weather. With an outdoor TV, you have to consider how the screen will fare in rain or snow. Some TVs are water-resistant or waterproof so your screen doesn’t get damaged in inclement weather.
You’ll also want a TV with a simple stand and easy setup so you don’t have to waste time before kickoff thinking about how to set up your TV. One last consideration is mobility. With some TVs, like those from www.tailgatingtvstore.com/ heftier than others, you might need a cart or something similar for transportation purposes and setup at your location.
When choosing a TV for your next tailgate, power is a key factor. The first thing you need to consider is the power source that the TV can be plugged into. Tailgating often means being away from home and away from electricity. You’ll need to find something that runs on batteries or has an adapter that lets you plug it into your car’s cigarette lighter.
Another consideration for a TV for your next tailgate is how long the battery will last. If you’re going to be out in the elements, make sure you get a TV with good battery life so as not to drain it before the game starts! You also want to consider what kind of batteries are needed and how many come with them.
Consider durability and weight
If you’re going to be carrying your TV around, then durability and weight are important factors to consider. A lighter TV is easier to lug around while a heavy TV may require additional help. A durable tailgating TV will be long-lasting and should be able to withstand the elements of outdoors tailgating.
When it comes to purchasing a TV for tailgating, you generally have two options: buy one or rent one.
Rentals are typically cheaper and more affordable, but they may not be the best option. If you don’t get the TV back in time, you could be charged an additional fee. It’s important to consider your budget before renting or buying a TV. If you’re looking for something more temporary, renting is probably your best option. But if you’re looking for something that will last and provide long-term use, you should purchase one instead.
If you’re tailgating outside of a stadium, there’s not likely to be a lot of space to store the TV. For that reason, it’s important to make sure the TV is small and lightweight. Some TVs are even available with an optional battery pack so that you can still watch your game when there’s no power outlet nearby!
The Bottom Line
If you’ve been looking to upgrade your tailgate TV, this article is for you. We’ve compiled a list of the best tailgate TVs on the market and highlighted the best features of each. Our goal is to help you find the perfect TV for you and make your next tailgate one to remember!