Thunderbolt technology was introduced by Apple with its MacBook Pro in 2012. It is a high-speed interface that can transfer both data and power between the host computer and peripherals such as external displays, hard drives, printers, and even other Macs. With the advent of Thunderbolt 2, it has been upgraded to four channels of 10 Gbps each.
Quick table with our top 3 picks:
Top 10 Best Thunderbolt Laptops Reviewed
- 14” Full HD NanoEdge bezel display with stunning 85% screen-to-body ratio
- Latest 11th generation Intel Core i5-1135G7 Quad Core Processor (8M Cache, up to 4.70 GHz, with IPU)
- Windows 10 Home
- 8GB DDR4 RAM and 512GB PCIe NVMe M.2 PCIe SSD
- Metal chassis and 16mm z-height
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 6GB GDDR6 - Boost up to 1452MHz at 105W (80W + 25W with Dynamic Boost)
- MUX switch - GPU MUX switch lets the GPU communicate directly with the display, increasing performance and decreasing latency
- Latest 12th Gen Intel Core i7-12650H Processor - 24M Cache, up to 4.7 GHz, 10 cores (6 P-cores and 4 E-cores)
- 144Hz 15.6” Full HD (1920 x 1080) IPS Type Display
- 16GB DDR5 4800MHz RAM | 512GB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD | Windows 11 Home
- This Certified Refurbished product is tested and certified to look and work like new. The refurbishing process includes functionality testing, basic cleaning, inspection, and repackaging. The product ships with all relevant accessories, a minimum 90-day warranty, and may arrive in a generic box. Only select sellers who maintain a high-performance bar may offer Certified Refurbished products on Amazon.com
- For long-term storage of your files, this system is equipped with a 512 GB solid state drive
- Wi-Fi are built-in for wired and wireless networking, and Bluetooth technology will also allow you to connect additional compatible peripherals wirelessly
- Experience faster data speeds with a PCIe SSD, and higher transfer rates with Thunderbolt 3 connection
- Latest 11th generation Intel Core i3-1115G4 Processor (6M Cache, up to 4.1 GHz, 2 cores)
- Windows 10 Home in S mode, 128GB SSD and 4GB LPDDR4X RAM
- 14” Full HD Wideview touch display with up to 178° viewing angle optimized for entertainment
- 12.9” wide, 0.7” thin with a stunning 82% screen-to-body ratio; Brushed aluminum chassis and lightweight at 3.31 pounds
- Portable and convertible 2-in-1 laptop with four viewing modes: tablet, tent, stand, and laptop
- Disclosure: Brand New Computer has been resealed to upgrade the Memory or SSD. One-year warranty from the manufacturer. Three-year warranty for upgraded Memory/SSD for Issaquah Highlands Tech customers.
- Intel 11th Gen Core i5-1135G7 (4 cores 8 threads, base clock speed 2.4GHz, max turbo to 4.2GHz, 8MB L3 Cache); 16GB DDR4 Memory; 256GB M.2 SSD
- The Latest E-series E15, A Successor to E590, Features 15.6" Full HD (1920x1080) IPS 170° viewing angle, 45% NTSC color gamut, Anti-glare, 250nits Display; Integrated Intel Iris Xe Graphics - Supports external digital monitor via HDMI or Thunderbolt 4, Max external digital monitor resolution: 4K(3840x2160)
- 1 x Thunderbolt 4 (Power Delivery 3.0 and DisplayPort 1.4 Alt Mode), 1 x USB-A 3.2 Gen1 (always on), 1 x USB 2.0, 1 x HDMI 1.4b, 1 x RJ-45, 1 x Audio Combo Jack; Non-Backlit Keyboard; Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX201 802.11AX (2 x 2) & Bluetooth 5.2
- Windows 10 Professional 64-bit, ideal for Student, Home, Professionals, Small Business, and School Education. Free upgrade to Windows 11 Pro available.
- 256 GB SSD of storage.
- Multitasking is easy with 8 GB of RAM
- Equipped with a blazing fast Intel Core i5 2.40 GHz processor.
- Fresh install and activated Windows 10 with zero bloatware. Your very own genuine Windows 10 digital license will be applied to the unit.
- Intel Core i7 7th Generation 7600U (2.80Ghz)
- 16 GB DDR3 RAM |512GB NVMe PCIe SSD
- 14 inch Full HD 1920 x 1080 Touchscreen LCD | (2) Thunderbolt 3 USB Type C Ports|Intel HD Graphics 620
- 10 ports: 1x DisplayPort 1.4, 1x RJ45 Ethernet, 2x USB-A 3.2 Gen2 (10 Gbps), 1x USB-C 3.2 Gen2 (10 Gbps), 1x 3.5mm audio port, 1x SD 4.0 socket, 1x mSD 4.0 socket, 1x DC 120-watt power jack (20V/6A; 60-watt bypass to host), and 1x Thunderbolt 3 daisy-chain port
- Dual-video support: the DP 1.4 port supports dual high-definition dual-output (DP 1.4 8K/30Hz + 4K/30Hz or dual 4K/60Hz) for enhanced workspace versatility and productivity
- Daisy chain: use the daisy-chain port to connect up to 6 additional Thunderbolt 3 compatible devices, including Thunderbolt 3 docks and displays
- Universal compatibility: equipped with Intel Titan Ridge technology, the docking station works with either a Thunderbolt 3 or a Type-C host using Mac OS or Windows; a great choice for a wide range of systems and hosts
- Charging, accessories, and warranty: conveniently charge a Thunderbolt 3 compatible laptop or notebook computer while in use (up to 60 watts); includes a 1.5-foot Thunderbolt 3 cable (capable of up to 40 Gbps); backed by an AmazonBasics 1-year limited warranty
- Product Type: NOTEBOOK COMPUTER
- Item Package Quantity:1
- Display : 14' HD screen
- Processor : Core I7 Processor
- 15.6" Full HD (1920 x 1080) with sRGB 99% color expression
- Intel 11th Gen i7 -1195G7 Processor with Intel Iris Xe Graphic provides up responsive CPU performance for high-resolution content creation and editing
- 16GB LPDDR4X 4266mhz RAM delivers a high level of performance for memory-intensive content creation, designing, editing, and multitasking
- Improve productivity with 512GB PCIe M.2 NVMe SSD for dependable storage accessible in a flash
- Connect with Confidence: Two USB-C ports with Thunderbolt 4 support, two USB-A 3.2 ports, a full-size HDMI port, a microSD card reader, and a 3.5mm audio jack
Buying Guide For The Best Thunderbolt Laptops
1. Make Sure The Laptop Supports Thunderbolt
Most laptops available in the market today support Thunderbolt 2. They have been designed to support the interface from day one. The only way you can be sure that your laptop supports Thunderbolt 2 is by checking for it online on the manufacturer’s website or even on the laptop box itself. You will also find this information mentioned on the manufacturer’s website when you are buying a new laptop.
2. Check The Speed Of The Laptop With A Thunderbolt Cable
There are two ways to determine if your laptop supports Thunderbolt 2 and if it can achieve transfer speeds of 10 Gbps: If your laptop has a Thunderbolt cable, connect it with your computer and check whether you can transfer data at a speed of 10 Gbps through it; if not, then there is no need to worry as most laptops support 10 Gbps speeds with their own internal hardware. However, if you cannot connect through a cable, then you need to buy an external one that supports the technology.
3. Check Whether The Laptop Comes With An Adapter Or Not
Thunderbolt allows users to connect multiple peripherals together in one port and use them simultaneously without any lag or interruption in data flow between them. This is possible because of two-way power delivery (no loss of power) as well as simultaneous data flow (no loss of data). If your laptop does not come with an adapter but does have a Thunderbolt port then make sure that it has at least two USB ports on the laptop.
4. Check The Power Consumption Of The Laptop
Thunderbolt technology allows for the transfer of power at high speeds between the host computer and peripherals. However, it is important to ensure that you have enough power to run all these devices. So make sure you buy a laptop with enough battery life to run everything you need and then some.
5. Make Sure You Can Add Memory Storage To The Laptop
You will be able to connect multiple peripherals together through Thunderbolt but if your laptop does not come with enough memory storage space then this will be a problem too. So make sure the laptop has at least 16 GBs of memory storage space or more so that you can connect your external hard drive, USB flash drive, or even an SSD drive without any issue whatsoever.
The Bottom Line
Thunderbolt is a technology that connects external devices to a laptop or computer with the help of a single port. This technology was designed to provide faster data transfer between peripherals and computers as well as lower power consumption by connecting multiple peripherals together in one port. The main objective of this technology is to make the use of multiple devices easier, faster, and more efficient than ever before in order to improve productivity at work and at home.