If you’re using the Lockdown Browser, you may be wondering if it’s recording your activity. The answer is yes – Lockdown Browser does record your activity. However, this data is only used for assessment purposes and is not shared with any third parties. If you have any questions or concerns about the data that’s being collected, please contact your instructor. Thanks for using Lockdown Browser!
Does lockdown browser record you
No. The Lockdown browser does not record your activity. Lockdown browser is a secure browsing experience that is used in K-12 and higher education institutions to help protect students from inappropriate content and distractions while on the Internet. It is a web browser that can be installed on any computer and limits the websites that students can visit.
What Is A Lockdown Browser And How Does It Work
A lockdown browser is a type of web browser that can be used to restrict access to the internet. It can be used to prevent users from accessing inappropriate websites or from downloading malware and viruses.
A lockdown browser can be customized to allow or block specific websites, and it can also be configured to limit the amount of time that a user can spend on the internet. It can also be used to prevent users from copying or printing text and images.
How does it work
The lockdown browser is a black screen browser that locks itself in the center of the screen. Whenever locking it up, you are not allowed to switch pages by using ALT+TAB or CTRL+W keys until the timer comes to an end. Although this may seem like a simple prank app, there are actually many interesting things about this app and these are:
- The lockdown browser is a windows application, not a windows task which means that it runs in the background and provides many other features such as forcibly closing applications, file copying, taking screenshots, and many more without having to switch back to the app itself. This gives you almost full control of your computer through your mouse cursor (or trackpad if using a mac).
- The lockdown browser has an in-built feature that allows you to ‘hide’ the mouse cursor on your screen by simply clicking Ctrl + H. This is useful if you don’t want other people to know what you are doing as they won’t be able to see the mouse cursor moving around the screen.
- The lockdown browser has an in-built feature that allows you to set a time limit for the timer during which other users won’t be able to switch between windows. This is useful if you want specific files opened during that certain period of time or if you want them to do specific tasks without having to worry about switching back and forth between windows or even minimizing the browser itself.
- The lockdown browser has an in-built feature that allows you to take screenshots of the screen at any time interval (5 seconds, 10 seconds, 30 seconds, 1 minute, etc). This is useful if you want to see how things look without having to minimize the app itself and then minimize it back again.
- The lockdown browser has an in-built feature that allows you to open specific files at a specific time interval (15 seconds, 30 seconds, 1 minute, etc). This is useful if you want to open a file as soon as the timer starts as simply setting the timer for 1 minute will mean that your browser will want to open shortcuts or even web pages that you don’t want at that exact moment.
The lockdown browser is not only a simple prank app but also has many other features which can be useful in your everyday life.
How To Uninstall It
If you suspected that your browser is directing to suspicious websites or it has weird functions, you can follow these steps:
- Reboot (recommended) the Lockdown and try to start Chrome normally and see if it works. If not, continue with the next step.
- Start Chrome in Safe Mode by doing Shift+F8 when the box pops up to choose an option. Press OK.
- Type chrome://extensions/ in the address bar, press Enter, and disable the suspicious extension(s) if any. If you are not sure which one is causing problems, try disabling all at once by clicking Disable for each entry.
- Close the browser and open task manager (Ctrl+Shift+Esc).
Click on More Details. If you do not see Details in the Menu, click on the word Details under the title Task Manager.
- Under Processes, look for chrome.exe or chromeframe.dll right click it and pick End Process Tree. Repeat this process for all processes that are Chrome-related.
What Are The Benefits Of Using A Lockdown Browser?
Many parents and students may wonder why they should use a lockdown browser. A lockdown browser is a special web browser that can restrict what websites certain users can access. To put it simply, this is an excellent way to keep your children or employees safe online while also saving you time and energy trying to do so. Here are five benefits on why you should use a lockdown browser.
Benefit 1: Increase Productivity
Today, there are millions of employees working with their computers all day long. With the many distractions on the world wide web, it can be very difficult to stay focused and get your work done. This is where a lockdown browser comes in; you can give your employees or children the internet access they need to complete their tasks while preventing unnecessary distractions.
Many schools are implementing lockdown browsers into their classrooms as well. Having a lockdown browser allows the students to work on school-related projects, but they are unable to do anything else. This means that the students will be able to save time for more productive activities rather than browsing or playing games online.
Benefit 2: No More Distractions
Lockdown browsers are great for students who need to do research or write reports. Unfortunately, it can be difficult for students to stay focused and complete their assignments when there is so much information online that they could be reading instead. You can unlock the full potential of your child’s brain and keep them focused on their work by simply restricting what websites they can visit.
Benefit 3: Family-Friendly Internet
Many households may not have the time to constantly monitor their child’s internet usage; this is where a lockdown browser comes in. Parents no longer need to worry about whether or not their child is viewing inappropriate content, which can be a major relief. Lockdown browsers also allow parents the peace of mind that comes from knowing their child is not visiting harmful websites such as gambling, pornography, and terrorism sites.
Benefit 4: Safer Internet
Since cyberbullying has become so common in recent years, it’s important to have a lockdown browser on all of your devices. If your children spend a lot of time on their mobile phones, tablets, or laptops then you should definitely consider using a lockdown browser. Having this type of software installed gives them the freedom they need to explore and enjoy the internet with safety in mind.
Benefit 5: Save Money
When you use a lockdown browser to filter content and monitor your child’s internet usage, you can save money. Websites such as Facebook and Twitter will not be accessible for them to use your data or cellular plan. A lockdown browser also gives employers more productivity from their employees since they cannot visit social media or play games during work hours.
How To Choose The Right Lockdown Browser For Your Needs
There are many types of lockdown browsers on the market today, but which browser fits your needs? There is no one size fits. This article will help you choose what lockdown browser is right for you by following some simple steps.
Step 1: Determine your security needs
Write all the things you want to protect. After this, narrow it down to two or three points that are most important for you. This will help you make a decision on which browser is best for you.
Step 2: Research lockdown browsers
Select one of the lockdown browsers that fits your needs, and research it thoroughly. Look at the features of the lockdown browser, including its ease of use, how well it protects you against XSS attacks, phishing, malware protection, connection encryption capabilities, etc.
Step 3: Read reviews for best lockdown browsers
Find reviews on lockdown browsers that fit your needs. It is always good to get another point of view on the product, to make sure it is what you are looking for. Read the reviews, see what people say about their experience with the lockdown browser.
Step 4: Test drive each lockdown browser
Once you have made your choice on which lockdown browser to buy, download it and try out its features. You can choose to use it for free before you commit to buying.
Step 5: Upgrade your browser, and keep it updated
Once you have made your purchase, upgrade your current browser to the lockdown browser of choice. After this, update the browser regularly to ensure that you are using the best security possible whenever browsing the web.