The Intel i5 6500 processor is the next step up from the Intel i5 6300. While the two processors share the same core, the i5 6500 is clocked higher and has higher turbo frequencies than the i5 6300. This means that it should perform better than its predecessor in applications that make good use of the additional cores. As with the previous-generation six-core processors, the i5 6500 processor is available in a variety of chipset solutions. It comes as standard on the X299 motherboards, but you can also pick up an i5 6500 processor with an Intel B250 chipset if you want to save some money. This guide will show you the best motherboards for the i5 6500 processor.
Quick table with our top 3 picks:
Top 9 Best Motherboard For The i5 6500 Reviewed
- Supports 11th and 10th Gen Intel Core / Pentium / Celeron processors for LGA 1200 socket
- Supports DDR4 Memory, up to 4800(OC) MHz
- Core Boost : With premium layout and digital power design to support more cores and provide better performance.
- DDR4 Boost : Advanced technology to deliver pure data signals for the best performance and stability.
- Turbo M.2 : Running at PCI-E Gen3 x4 maximizes performance for NVMe based SSDs
- Supports 9th and 8th Gen Intel Core processors (Socket 1151)
- Supports DDR4 2666
- 1 PCIe 3. 0 x16, 2 PCIe 3. 0 x1
- Graphics Output Options: HDMI, DVI-D, D-Sub
- 7. 1 Ch HD Audio (Realtek ALC887 Audio Codec), ELNA Audio caps
- LGA 1151
- DDR4 & DDR3L Support
- Display Resolution up to 4096x2304
- Intel Turbo Boost Technology
- Compatible with Intel 100 Series Chipset Motherboards
- This Certified Refurbished product is tested and certified to look and work like new. The refurbishing process includes functionality testing, basic cleaning, inspection, and repackaging. The product ships with all relevant accessories, a minimum 90-day warranty, and may arrive in a generic box. Only select sellers who maintain a high-performance bar may offer Certified Refurbished products on Amazon.com.
- Support 4K (3840x2160) Dual display, makes it easy to connect two monitors at the same time, and you can expand working Windows, mirror content, or expand a single window across multiple monitors.
- Intel Core i5 (6th Gen) i5-6500 3.2 GHz, 16 GB DDR4 SDRAM, 512GB SATA SSD
- Includes: USB Keyboard & Mouse, Microsoft office 30 days free trail.
- Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit – Multi-language supports English/Spanish/French.
- This Certified Refurbishd product is tested and certified by the manufacturer or by a third-party refurbisher to look and work like new, with limited to no signs of wear. The refurbishing process includes functionality testing, inspection, reconditioning and repackaging. The product ships with relevant accessories, and may arrive in a generic white or brown box. Accessories may be generic and not directly from the manufacturer.
- HP Desktop PC ProDesk 600 G2 Small Form Factor, Intel Core Quad i5 6500 Turbo 3.6 GHz, 16G DDR4 RAM, 512G Solid State, WiFi, Bluetooth 4.0, DVDRW, VGA, DP, Windows 10 Professional 64 Bit (Renewed)
- Includes: USB Keyboard & Mouse, Microsoft office 30 days free trail
- Ports: Front: (2)USB 3.0, (2)USB 2.0,Headphone; Rear: VGA, (2)Display Port, (4)USB 3.0, (2)USB 2.0, Serial, Line-in, LIne-out, RJ-45
- Operating System: Windows 10 Professional 64 Bit - Multi-language supports English/Spanish/French.
- Intel LGA 1700 Socket: Supports 12th Gen Intel Core Series Processors
- DDR4 Compatible: Dual Channel Non-ECC Unbuffered DDR4, 2 DIMMs
- Commanding Power Design: 6+1+1 Hybrid Digital VRM Design
- Connectivity: PCI 4.0, Single NVMe PCIe 3.0 x4 M.2, USB 3.2 Gen1
- Fast Networking: Realtek 2.5GbE LAN
- AMD AM4 socket: Ready for 2nd and 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen processors to maximize connectivity and speed with up to two M.2 Drives, USB 3.2 Gen2 and AMD StoreMI
- Enhanced power solution: Military-grade TUF components, Pro Cool socket and Digi plus VRM for maximum durability
- Comprehensive Cooling: Active PCH heatsink, VRM heatsink, M.2 heatsink, hybrid fan headers and Fan Xpert
- Next-Gen connectivity: Dual PCIe 4.0 m.2 and USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-A/Type-C
- Gaming Networking: Exclusive Realtek L8200A Gigabit Ethernet, Intel 2x2 802.11ac Wi-Fi with MU-MIMO support, Bluetooth 5.0, TUF LANGuard and technology
- 6 Cores/ 6 Threads; Junction Temperature: 100°C
- 3.70 GHz up to 4.60 GHz Max Turbo Frequency/ 9 MB Cache
- Compatible only with Motherboards based on Intel 300 Series Chipsets.Bus Speed:8 GT/s
- Discrete GPU – No Processor Graphics
- Intel Optane Memory Supported
- Intel LGA 1200 Socket: Designed to unleash the maximum performance of 11th Gen Intel Core processors
- Enhanced Power Solution: 10+1 DrMOS power stages, ProCool sockets, alloy chokes and durable capacitors provide stable power delivery for the most demanding situations
- Comprehensive Cooling: VRM heatsink, PCH heatsink, hybrid fan headers and Fan Xpert 4 utility
- Boosted Memory Performance: ASUS OptiMem II proprietary trace layout allows memory kits to operate at higher frequencies with lower voltages to maximize system performance.
- Ultrafast Connectivity: PCIe 4.0, 3x M.2, 2.5 Gb LAN, front panel USB 3.2 Gen 2X2 Type-C and Thunderbolt 4 support
Buying Guide For The Good Motherboard For The i5 6500
The Intel i5 6500 processor is available with a number of different chipsets. If you want to save money, then you can pick up an i5 6500 processor with an Intel B250 chipset motherboard. This will save you around $20, but it will also reduce the amount of memory that is available to your system by limiting it to 16GB of DDR4 RAM. If you want some extra memory and don’t mind sacrificing some performance, then you should consider buying the i5 6500 processor with an X299 chipset motherboard instead. This will cost slightly more than the B250 option, but it will come with enough RAM and storage options for most people’s needs and allow them to upgrade to 32GB of RAM if they want to.
The i5 6500 processor is available in a number of different memory configurations. The most common configuration is 16GB of DDR4 RAM and one Intel Optane NVMe SSD for storage. If you want to invest in extra RAM, then you can buy a computer with 32GB of DDR4 RAM and two Intel Optane NVMe SSDs for storage. You should always buy the best memory that you can afford and make sure that the motherboard has at least that amount of RAM support as standard. Some motherboards will also have more than 16GB of support, so it’s worth checking before buying any motherboard if you want to upgrade your system’s memory later on.
The i5 6500 processor is available with a variety of different storage options including one or two Intel Optane PCIe drives, and up to three 2TB hard drives. The Intel Optane drives are usually very fast and can significantly increase system performance, but they are expensive. If you want to buy an i5 6500 processor with a 2TB hard drive, you should pay around $100 more, but it will allow you to install all of your programs and save all of your data on the internal hard drive instead of having them saved on the SSD. If you want to buy an i5 6500 processor with two or three 2TB hard drives, then you should consider getting the X299 motherboard instead as that motherboard has more storage options available to it.
The i5 6500 processor is available with a number of different features including dual-band Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.2 support, and USB 3 Type A and Type C ports for connecting modern peripherals. If you want to upgrade your system later on then it’s worth checking if any extra features are available on the motherboard that supports your processor.
The i5 6500 processor is available for around $150, which is a lot cheaper than the i7 7900X, which costs around $300. The extra money that you pay for the i7 7900X will be worth it if you want to get the best possible gaming performance in your system. The i5 6500 processor has slightly lower peak performance, but it’s still perfectly capable of handling most modern games, and it will save you some money when upgrading your system in the future.
The best motherboard for the Intel i5 6500 processor is, without a doubt, the ASUS ROG Strix X299 with Aura Sync. This motherboard not only looks absolutely stunning but also has a great set of features and a low price point, making it the perfect motherboard for any hardcore PC gamer.