Bats are one of the most hated creatures on earth. They’re referred to as “flying rats” because of their habit of drinking from water sources at night. We all know bats aren’t very good swimmers, but that doesn’t mean they can’t get into water sources. In fact, bats are the only mammals that spend most of their time in caves, mines, or other underground locations. In order to survive in these dark and scary places, bats have developed a few curious tricks that may surprise you! Below we explain how bats can get into houses and what you can do to protect yourself and your family from these flying pests.
How to get rid of bats in-house
- The first thing you need to do is install a bat exclusion device. This device will prevent bats from getting into your home. Bat exclusion devices are very simple to install and require no special knowledge or tools. They can be purchased at most local hardware stores for under $20.
- Another option is to use a bat house, which may be more expensive than the bat exclusion but can provide you with a safe place for the bats to roost in your yard or patio area.
- If neither of these options works for you, there are some other ideas that may help you get rid of bats in-house! One such idea is to use homemade traps made from old milk jugs and empty soda cans with holes punched in them. You should fill the milk jugs with water and then place them around your porch or windows where bats might fly into them on their way out of your home at night!
- Another idea is to use a baby monitor (like an old-fashioned television) that has been modified so it emits ultrasonic sounds that act as “bat deterrents.” You should stick one on each side of the baby monitor that’s facing toward where the bats might be entering your house from their roost location (i.e., outside). It’s important that these ultrasonic sounds are emitted from the baby monitors so they don’t interfere with regular TV viewing!
- The last idea is to use a bat repellent. These repellents work by emitting an odor that repels bats away from your property. There are many different types of bat repellents available, but the most common ones are devices that release spicy odors like pepper spray or smelly toilet bowl cleaner. These repellents are very effective and can repel bats from your property in as little as 24 hours.
Why do bats fly around at night?
- Bats are nocturnal creatures, which means they are active at night and sleep during the day.
- Bats must be active during the night because they usually fly around looking for food, so they need to fly at night to catch their supper!
- It’s also a fact that some bats eat insects that only come out at night, like moths and mosquitoes. They can’t eat these insects during the day because it’s too hot and it would be too dangerous for them to fly around in daylight!
- Another reason bats are nocturnal is because they don’t like flying around in the daytime because it can attract predators like hawks or owls who might try to hunt them down!
What Causes Bats to Hang Out in Your House?
- Bats are attracted to your house because it’s their natural roosting location.
- Bats also like to hang out in your house because it’s a good place for them to hide from predators and other bats that they might be competing with for food and space!
- Another reason bats might be hanging out in your house is because they are looking for ways to get rid of the parasites on their body and wings, especially those that live in their ears or nose!
How Do You Know if a Bat Is Inside Your House?
- If you see a bat flying around your house at night, it’s probably an adult bat looking for its baby! Find out how to tell the difference between an adult and a baby bat.
- Another way to tell if bats are inside your house is by looking through your window screen at night because they leave droppings on the screen that you can see through, which is called guano! (Guano is a fancy word for poop.) These droppings give off light so you can see them even when it’s dark outside! Here are some pictures of guano:
- If you can’t see any droppings on your screen, you might want to check the attic or basement to see if there are bats living in it! You can also use a flashlight to look at the walls and ceiling of your house because bats like to nest in dark places.
Why Are Bats So Important?
- Bats keep many kinds of insects from coming into your house at night, like mosquitoes and moths! They also help control the population of other insects like fruit flies and fleas which can make people sick if they eat them! Bats also pollinate the flowers and plants around us which helps us grow more food for ourselves and our families! We need bats because they help us live longer and healthier lives!
- Bats help us sleep better at night because they keep the mosquitoes, moths, and other insects away. They also help us rest better by keeping us away from dangerous bugs like spiders and snakes
- Bats also help us look more attractive by making the world a more colorful place!
How Can Bats Get Into a House?
- Bats can get into a house in several different ways.
- The first way bats can get into a house is by flying in through an open window or door.
- The second way bats can get into a house is by flying in through an open chimney or vent!
- Bats also might be able to fly into your house through holes in the walls, windows, and doors!
What can you do to protect yourself and your family from bats in your house?
- Bats are very good at maneuvering their way through small spaces and even though you might think that you have a tight space, bats can squeeze through a space as small as 1.5 inches!
- If you don’t want bats in your house, make sure that there aren’t any holes in your walls or windows that they can get into!
- To keep bats out of your house, seal up holes and cracks where they might be able to get in!
- The best thing to do is to seal up all holes and cracks in your house that bats might be able to get into!
Bats are one of the most misunderstood animals on Earth. They are actually beneficial because they protect us from harmful insects such as mosquitoes, gnats, and midges. They can get into houses though, so it’s important to protect your family from these flying pests. More information about bats can be found at Bats.org. The simple answer to “how to get rid of bats in your house” is: you can’t! However, there are a few things you can do to protect yourself and your family from these flying pests. Get rid of the drinking sources for bats. Dispose of water bottles and other plastic bags your kids bring to school. Keep your house as dry as possible and wear gloves when you do housework. And, of course, don’t let your kids play in the dirt or in the trees!