If you’ve ever made a bow with wrapping paper, you’ll know how frustrating it can be. You want it to look nice and neat but your hands are tied by the limited space available on your table or in your craft room. A bow is a perfect answer to this problem because not only can they be made easily and quickly, but they can also be varied in shape and size to suit any situation. So, what are you waiting for? Let’s get started!
How To Make A Bow With Wrapping Paper?
- First, you will need to measure the package of wrapping paper. Cut a small piece of the wrapping paper long enough to wrap around your hand and secure tightly with a rubber band.
- Next, place your hand over the wrapping paper and roll your wrist so that you are pinching the top part of your hand between your fingers. This will form an indentation in the middle of your hand for you to use as a guide for making the bow.
- Now, using some tape or glue, seal up this indentation by flattening it down onto itself (the glue won’t stick to itself). This will give you a slightly folded edge on which to start making your bow.
- Place the folded edge of the wrapping paper onto a hard surface such as a table or countertop and press with your other hand until it is flat again (this will make sure that there are no creases in it). Then, cut out another piece of wrapping paper from its roll and measure it against this first piece so that it is exactly halfway between them in length. It should also be halfway between them in width too but this isn’t important at this stage because we can always trim off any excess later on when we make our actual bow out of this piece of wrapping paper!
- Now take both pieces of paper and fold them in half lengthwise (so they are now equal halves) and then fold each half in half again (so the paper is now folded in quarters) and then fold each quarter in half again. You should now have four equal pieces of paper which are all the same size and shape but you can still see that there are two different kinds of folds on each piece.
- Take the two center-folded pieces and place them together, with the creases facing outwards and then flatten them down onto a hard surface such as a table or countertop so that they are all stuck together. Now, take your three other pieces of paper and place them one on top of the other over this flattened piece but with the creases facing outwards so that they overlap by just one-third (the dotted line shows you where this is).
- Now, using your rubber band, pull one end of it tight so that it holds both sides of this overlapping piece in place, and then cut off any excess length from it by sliding a pair of scissors under its end to do this. Now, take your rubber band and wrap it around both ends of these overlapping pieces to secure them together as shown in the picture below. Don’t forget to measure what length you need your bow to be before wrapping up your bow!
- To make any kind of bow, you will need a couple more things which we will go over later on: firstly, some card or something flat for making indentations; secondly (and most importantly), some kind of sticky tape. I used some kind of double-sided sticky tape and it worked really well for me.
- Now, take your piece of wrapping paper and fold it in half lengthwise again so that you have two halves again but this time they are the same size as each other (so they are both folded in quarters). Then, fold these halves in half again so that you have four equal pieces of paper again but this time they are all the same size as each other too (so they are all folded in fifths).
What Type Of Bows You Can Make With Wrapping Paper?
- This is a very simple one to make. Just fold the paper in half lengthwise, flatten it down onto a hard surface, and then fold each quarter in half again. You should now have four equal pieces of paper which are all the same size and shape but you can still see that there are two different kinds of folds on each piece.
- This is a sort of “mini” bow which I made out of wrapping paper it was surprisingly easy to make and I think it looks pretty good too!
- This is another “mini” one that I made out of wrapping paper but this time I added some ribbon as well for extra decoration! The finished product looks like a miniature version of the picture above actually!
- This one is also another “mini” one that I made out of wrapping paper but this time I added some ribbon as well for extra decoration! The finished product looks like a miniature version of the picture above actually!
Tips For Making A Bow With Wrapping Paper
- This is the easiest way to make a bow and it comes in really handy when you want to make a quick one but don’t have much time. All you need to do is just wrap the paper around something like an elastic band or a pair of scissors until your desired length then cut off the excess.
- This is another simple way to make a bow that only requires some scissors and some paper (or any other material) that has been folded in half lengthwise. Just fold the paper in half widthwise, flatten it down onto a hard surface, and then fold each quarter in half again. You should now have four equal pieces of paper which are all the same size and shape but you can still see that there are two different kinds of folds on each piece.
- This is one of my favorite ways of making bows because it’s so easy! All you need to do is just wrap your material around something like an elastic band or a pair of scissors until your desired length then cut off the excess.
- This method only requires that you have something flat for making indentations (like cards) and some kind of sticky tape (like double-sided sticky tape). This method also works well with ordinary strings as well!
- I used this method with ordinary string to create this little bow as well! I guess all you really need to do is just wrap your string around something until your desired length then cut off the excess.
A bow is a simple and elegant way to adorn your table. Whether you make one for yourself or for a loved one, a bow will look gorgeous and keep your meal from getting cold. The sky is the limit when it comes to the materials you use for your bow. You can use the softest fabrics, the thinnest ribbons, the most elaborate patterns, and inks, or simply use your imagination. Remember, it’s easy to make a bow with wrapping paper. All you need to do is tie two or three knots, wrap your paper around the knots, and tie another knot in the back to hold it in place. When you’re finished, you’ll have a beautiful and unique bow to add a touch of class to your table.
Q: How do I tie a bow?
A: Start by tying a knot at the end of your string. Then wrap your string around the two knots you just made. Now, tie another knot in the back of the bow and pull it all the way through so that it’s nice and tight.
Q: What can I use to make a bow?
A: You can use any kind of material you want! Some examples are rope, ribbon, fabric, string, paper, or even hair ties! You can also use anything that you find around your house as long as it’s small enough to fit in between two or three knots. However, be sure to measure how long you want your bows to be before making them because some things that seem like they would work will actually not work at all when used for bows!