If you are a Jio Fiber customer, you may be wondering how to use the Jio Fiber Ott Apps on your mobile device. This can be a bit confusing, as there are several different apps that you may want to use. In this guide, we will walk you through how to use each app and how they can benefit you. Keep reading for more information!
How To Use The Jio Fiber App On Your Mobile Phone
So you’ve got your Jio Fiber broadband router in your home, and you are trying to connect to the internet using the JioFi app on your smartphone. But what if you want to use Mumble or TeamSpeak while playing a game?
This might not be possible without downloading additional software—but there’s another way around it! Follow this simple guide about how “to use the Jio Fiber app on your mobile phone.”
Before we begin, keep in mind that steps may vary slightly depending upon what type of Android or iOS device you’re using. Let’s get started then.
STEP 1: Open Google Play Store (Android) & Apple Store (iOS). Search for “Jio Media Player,” install it. Now run the app to download the drivers for your computer’s audio input and output. You can read this after you finish installing it.
STEP 2: Once installed, open Jio Media Player again and search for “Jio Fiber”. Choose an option that your internet (Wi-Fi or Ethernet) is connected through, then click OKAY.
STEP 3: Your JioFi router will appear on the screen under My Network. Click on it to connect.
STEP 4: If you are using an Android phone, go to Wireless & networks settings in your phone’s setting menu > Internet connection (Wi-Fi/Mobile Data) > More… > Tethering & portable hotspot > Portable Wi-Fi hotspot. This will activate tethering, and you will see your JioFi router’s name show up. Select it, then click OKAY.
STEP 5: Now open the game or app that you want to use, for example, Mumble. Make sure that Jio Media Player is running in the background. Once done, just enable tethering on your phone (Android) or connect as a Wi-Fi hotspot (iOS). You should now be able to hear each other instantly without any additional steps!
The Different Features Of The Jio Fiber App
The Jio Fiber app has many features for anyone who is looking forward to signing up for the service or simply wants to take a look at what they will be able to do with their Jio fiber connection.
The Jio Fiber App Is Equipped With Many Amazing Features
To begin, the desktop version of the jio fiber app can be installed on any device which runs Windows 7 or later versions, MacOS X 10.8 or later versions, iOS 6 and Android 4.2 or later versions. However, after one year of using the JIO GIGA FIBER service, users are given an option to upgrade their services to a faster speed of up to 1gbps for a more advanced internet experience.
Users can easily set up their connections on the app by simply providing details about themselves, their addresses, and phone numbers. The jio fiber connection comes with a range of plans that users can subscribe to. Five different types of Jio Fiber plans are available:
- Welcome Offer Plans
- My Plans
- Promotional Trial Plans
- Post-FUP Unlimited Plans
- Prime Membership Subscription
How To Set Up Jio Fiber Ott Apps In Mobile
We are living in the age of the internet. We all are aware of data usage and its management while using a mobile phone. There comes a time when one has to use many Gb’s available in the monthly pack for important work.
If you are an Android user, then there is good news for you that jio fiber ott app gives the best speed according to your package. The bad part is Jio fiber cannot be directly used by every person currently, but it is expected that jio fiber will be available for everyone soon.
Jio Fiber OTT App works with any android mobile phone or tablet which have USB support, so you can say this app supports almost the majority of android mobiles/tablets available in the market right now because most of the android devices available right now support USB On-The-Go.
This app Jio fiber ott, is compatible with almost every android mobile/tablet which has OTG support, and there are many apps out there, but we will be sharing Jio Fiber OTA App details here, which works well because its the latest version also gives the best internet speed. For that, you need at least 2 Mb’s or maybe more to get good speed.
- First, go to the play store and download “Jio 4g Offical” app because this is not available on the play store, and you can see a link in the description below (jio official app for jio fiber).
- After opening the app and make sure you have “Data and Wifi” turned on.
- Now, open the app and enable Omni by going in settings(the gear icon in top right).
- After that, click on Start. Then it will show you to connect your mobile with the USB cable to the computer so do so. Make sure you have enabled USB debugging on your mobile. If you don’t know how to do this, then go to setting>about>software info and tap the build number times. After doing this developer, the option will be unlocked there. You can find usb debugging, connect usb cable and enable it (and wait for a few seconds till it connects automatically).
- Once everything is done, reboot your mobile/tablet and disconnect the USB cable from the PC or Mac.
- Now, open the jio4g official app and click on “jiofi” option given at the top of the app. You will get new windows where you can see different options like internet speed, sending messages, etc.,
- You can find Jio Readyshare there. Open it and connect your pen drive with mobile/tablet using the USB cable. Make sure it’s OTG Cable, not computer’s USB cable, because the computer’s usb can damage your mobile/tablet battery which has no problem up to 3A current, but our mobile phones cant handle more than that (it varies according to device). If something happens, then visit the nearest mobile Service Center for further action.
- After all steps, simply open Jio Fiber OTT app and start using the internet.
Troubleshooting Tips For Common Issues With The Jio Fiber App
When you first downloaded the Jio Fiber App, you were excited because it gave you fast-speed internet that was promised to be accessible for 3 months. That didn’t last long, though, because after a month, your internet stopped working, and it is time to troubleshoot why.
Let’s go through some tips on how to troubleshoot common issues with the jio fiber app before taking further steps (for example, calling jio care).
1. Check if your WiFi or internet connection is turned off
If everything works fine before opening the app, but it stops working afterward, then something might have gone wrong when opening the app. Ensure that all your internet connections are turned on (Wifi, data) and try again.
2. Check if your router is connected to the Fiber connection
If you are using a router, then it is possible that your router does not have an active connection to the fiber optical cable. Ensure that all cables are plugged in correctly and try again.
3. Check if Internet Sharing settings are enabled on Android
If you are using an android device, make sure that the “Internet Sharing” setting is turned on by going into Settings> Wireless & networks> more…> Tethering & portable hotspot> Internet sharing. Turn this feature on before opening the Jio Fiber app and try again.
4. Check if your phone has enough space to run apps
There might be some issues if your phone does not have enough space to run the jio fiber app. Delete all unwanted files on your phone to create space, restart your phone and try again.
5. Check if Jio Fiber Apk is installed properly
Ensure that you are opening the correct version of Jio Fiber Apk for installation. If possible, rename the Apk file to “Jiophone” or something similar so that it will not be recognized as an application by mistake.
6. Check if you are using a VPN
If you are using a VPN service on your phone, then there might be some compatibility issues with the jio fiber app. Disable any VPN applications before starting up the jio fiber app and try again.
7. Check if you are using an Android device
The Jio Fiber App has been known to be incompatible with any android version below 5.0 Lollipop. If your phone is running on a Lollipop or above, then there might be other issues that need troubleshooting (see other tips). Ensure that your phone is updated to the latest operating system before attempting to use the jio fiber app and try again.
8. Check if Jio Fiber Apk was installed from Google Play Store
If possible, re-install the app file from the Google play store and try again. Sometimes it can be beneficial to uninstall any updates after the installation as well. If this does not fix the issue, then try to download the app file from another source such as apkmirror.com, and try again.
9. Check if Jio Fiber Apk is installed in Internal Memory or External Storage
If possible, uninstall the jio fiber app by going to the application manager>all>jio fiber>uninstall and re-downloading it from the play store. Also, check to see whether you have downloaded jio fiber app on your internal memory storage or external sd card (check this by going into settings>apps>all>jio fiber). If there are any issues here, then move it onto either storage and try again.
10. Check if you’re using a faulty router
If your router is faulty, it might not be able to handle the connection from Jio. Ensure that you have a good router model before attempting anything else and try again.
11. Check if you’re using a VPN service on your laptop
There might be issues with the jio fiber app if you are using a VPN on your laptop as well. Disable any VPN connections before starting up the jio fiber app and try again.
12. Check if WiFi is enabled or disabled on your phone
Depending on whether wifi is enabled or disabled on your phone, there will be some compatibility issues. Always ensure that wifi is turned on whenever attempting to use this application.