The best ram for 12700k is as vital as the motherboard you pick. The best motherboard to get is a good motherboard that has compatibility with the current gen rams and is also compatible with the next-gen rams. Also, check if your motherboard supports overclocking.
Quick table with our top 3 picks:
Top 5 Best Ram For 12700k Reviewed
- High performance DDR4 memory illuminates your system with vivid, animated lighting from ten ultra-bright, individually addressable RGB LEDs per module.
- Take control with CORSAIR iCUE software and synchronize lighting across all your CORSAIR iCUE compatible products, including memory, fans, coolers, keyboards and more.
- Customize lighting profiles with millions of different patterns and colors, or create your own in CORSAIR iCUE software.
- Compatible with Intel and AMD DDR4 motherboards.
- Requires no extra wires or cables for a clean and seamless install.
- FREE UPGRADE TO WINDOWS 11 (13) (when available, see below)
- VIBRANT DISPLAY - Your creations are brought to life with the 14-inch diagonal Full HD (1920 x 1080) multitouch enabled, edge-to-edge glass display. Video Playback Battery life-Up to 10 hours and 45 minutes
- STELLAR PERFORMANCE - The 11th Generation Intel Core i5-1135G7 (1) processor lets you get work done more efficiently
- EYE-CATCHING GRAPHICS - Marvel at crystal-clear imagery thanks to Intel Iris Xe Graphics (2)
- MEMORY & STORAGE - HP Envy brings you even more bandwidth with 8 GB of RAM and increased hard drive space with 256 GB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD storage (3)
- Intel LGA 1700 socket: Ready for 12th Gen Intel Core processors, support PCIe 5.0,DDR5 and out of box Windows 11 ready
- AI Motherboard : AI Overclocking, AI cooling, AI networking(GameFirst VI) and AI noise cancellation
- Robust Power Solution: 14+1 power stages with ProCool II power connector, high-quality alloy chokes and durable capacitors to support multi-core processors
- Optimized Thermal Design: VRM heatsink, PCH fanless heatsink, double-sided M.2 heatsink, hybrid fan headers and Fan Xpert 4 utility
- High-performance Gaming Networking: On-board WiFi 6E and Intel 2.5 Gb Ethernet with ASUS LANGuard
- Intel Core i5-12400F Desktop Processor 6 (6P+0E) Cores Up to 4.4 GHz Turbo Frequency LGA1700 600 Series Chipset 65W Processor Base Power
- Join your business or school domain for easy access to network files, servers, and printers
- Login with Remote Desktop and create virtual machines with Hyper-V;BitLocker & Enhanced encryption
- Windows 10 OEM is a full version of the operating system not an upgrade The OEM operating system is not supported by Microsoft To acquire Windows software with support provided by Microsoft please see our full package "Retail" product Microsoft recommends all files and programs be backed-up prior to installation
- Windows 10 OEM is intended for pre-installation on a new PC and cannot be transferred to another computer once installed NOTE: Installation is only possible when using a clean (blank) machine with no other prior version of Windows already installed Product ships in a white envelope Product Key is below scratch off Microsoft label
- Intel® Core® i5 3 GHz processor offers hyper-threading architecture that delivers high performance for demanding applications with improved onboard graphics and turbo boost
- The Socket LGA-1700 socket allows processor to be placed on the PCB without soldering
- 18 MB of L3 cache rapidly retrieves the most used data available to improve system performance
- Intel® Core® i7 Dodeca-core (12 Core) 2.10 GHz processor offers more cache space and the hyper-threading architecture delivers high performance for demanding applications with better onboard graphics and faster turbo boost
- The processor features Socket LGA-1700 socket for installation on the PCB
- 25 MB of L3 cache offers supreme performance for computation intensive apps
- Built-in Intel UHD Graphics 770 controller for improved graphics and visual quality. Supports up to 4 monitors.
- 12th Generation Intel Core i7 Processor
- System: Intel Core i7-12700KF 3.6GHz 12 (8 plus 4) Cores | Intel Z690 Chipset | 16GB DDR4 | 500GB NVMe PCIe SSD | 2TB HDD | Genuine Windows 11 Home 64-bit
- Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 12GB Video Card | 1x HDMI | 2x DisplayPort
- Connectivity: 6 x USB 3.1 | 2 x USB 2.0 | 1x RJ-45 Network Ethernet 10/100/1000 | 802.11AC Wi-Fi | Audio: 7.1 Channel | Keyboard and mouse
- Special feature: Liquid Cooled CPU | Tempered Glass Side Case Panel | Custom RGB Case Lighting | 7 Colors RGB Gaming Mouse
- 1 year parts & labor | Free lifetime tech support
- Intel Core i7 3.60 GHz processor offers more cache space and the hyper-threading architecture delivers high performance for demanding applications with better onboard graphics and faster turbo boost
- The processor features Socket LGA-1700 socket for installation on the PCB
- 25 MB of L3 cache to boost the instruction processing and system performance
- Intel 7 Architecture enables improved performance per watt and micro architecture makes it power-efficient
- To boost graphics and visual quality, the chipset has a built in Intel UHD Graphics controller
5 Things To Consider Before Buying The Best Ram For 12700k
The speed of the ram is important. The speed of the ram is measured in MHz. The higher the speed, the better. We recommend buying 8GB (2x4GB) rams with a speed of at least 1066MHz.
The timings are also important when you are buying rams for your computer system. The timings of the ram are measured in clock cycles per second (C/s). When you get good rams with high C/s, it will be a great deal for your money because most of them go for around $80-$100 which is cheap as compared to what you would pay if you were to get matched set of rams but with low C/s which will cost double or more than what you paid for just one single 8GB ram stick. So, it is worth getting good rams with higher C/s than the normal ones that cost around $45-$70 each and have timings like 1333MHz and 1600MHz respectively.
3. Compatibility With Current Gen Ram
You should also check whether your motherboard supports overclocking or not before buying any kind of ram which means if your motherboard supports overclocking then do not go for low-end rams that only have a frequency between 1600MHz and 2100MHz but try to find high-end rams that have a frequency of 2666MHz or even higher.
4. Compatibility With Next Gen Ram
Make sure that your motherboard supports the next-gen ram before buying any kind of ram. If you are buying an i5 or an i7 processor then make sure to get a motherboard that supports the next-gen ram that is made by intel and not the previous gen ram made by AMD.
5. Compatibility With Motherboard’s Overclocking Features
Most of the motherboards come with the ability to overclock your processor but if you are going to buy a new motherboard then make sure it has good overclocking features otherwise you might have to spend more money on getting some good and cheap rams for your system because if it does not overclock well then this will lower its performance as compared to what it would have been with decent rams and good overclocking features. So, make sure to check out all these things before buying any kind of ram if you want your system to perform optimally which means, you will be able to get the maximum out of it while spending less money on both the rams and motherboards as opposed to getting cheap stuff which will cost more than what you paid for just one single 8GB stick but with low-end or no overclocking features at all.
The Bottom Line
The above points will help you to find the best ram for your system. I hope that you have now understood what kind of ram to get for your system and how much it would cost after all these things are taken into consideration.